Affordable 2013 Ronix Parks Carbon Thrusters $400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
    Strange you don't have the same fin box setup?
    I presume it was an upgrade from my original black version to your later orange one. Just giving you more options.

I read that other thread. Sounds like the people who got good ones are having the same experience as we are - that the board is fast, locks in like it's on rails, super lightweight, etc. For fun, we tried it with zero fins a couple of days ago; super squirrely like you'd expect but you could get some lock from the side rails. Experienced riders had fun, less experienced riders had a different kind of fun. Then we went to 4, and then 3, fins as described above. We're sticking with 3 fins for now, though I might try swapping in some of the longer fins.

Comment

I agree. I am trying to find a set of FCS PC7 as suggested by Stingreye. After all I live in one of the major ocean surf cities in the world. I should be able to round some up?
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

http://usedsurf.com is in your backyard, wonder if they have any used fins?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I'll stop in tomorrow or tuesday. Thanks! I know right where that is. I was hoping to find a friend that would let me try them for a day.
          There is a set on CL nearby for $60.

Comment

If you don't get them by the Meade reunion, you are more than welcome to borrow mine.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Awesome, Thank you! I'll see what turns up?

Comment

I've gotten plenty of use out of mine the last 2 weeks. Messed around with fins a little bit but it seems to work decent with everything we've tried. Today i used it with 4 fins. Two bigger ones on the outside and two smaller to the inside. I thought it worked pretty good but a bit too locked in. I'll probably try the three fin setup like others here have said works good. I'm pretty happy with the board so far. Everyone who has tried it so far has liked it. I spent a few days last week at Lake Koocanusa in BC and after a few days it was the only board being used.

Comment

I contacted Liquidation Sports about the warranty. I sent them the same picture I posted earlier. My warranty was accepted by Ronix and they required me to writ the RA# on the board in Sharpie over the warranty label. Then drill two hole in the same area. Did that today and sent in the picture as requested. We will see what happens next?

I also stopped by the used surfboard shop near me. They had new PC7 fins, but no used ones. The new ones were cheaper than most other places @ $70 for the thruster set. When they do have used ones, they are usually half that @ $35.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                    My buddies did the same thing. He was told not to keep it in the sun or heat.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
                      My buddies did the same thing. He was told not to keep it in the sun or heat.
                      Interesting. My black one - which you'd think would be even more sensitive to heat - lives in the pocket on top of my bimini cover in the blazing 100F heat and so far hasn't shown any problems. I must say since seeing that photo, though, I've been faster to put it safely away in the boathouse.

Comment

Good advise. Two weeks at Lake Powell did it in. That board had no chance staying out of the sun. My Inland Surfer held up. The IS was even in the sun more since we rode it so litlle with the new board. I'll have to protect the new one more. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Sent an email asking for the $300 price! Thanks, just saw this thread. Also currently riding a Broadcast 4'8".

Comment

They replied out of stock. Anyone want to sell there's for $300?

Comment

They must have sold a TON of those boards, then. The gal there told me they had very deep stock of them.

Comment

Well it doesn't let you add one to the cart @ $405 either?

Comment

Working...
                                X