Affordable 2013 Ronix Parks Carbon Thrusters $400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable 2013 Ronix Parks Carbon Thrusters $400

I just got mine in the mail from them (I have no relationship with them other than forking out the $400):
    http://www.liquidationsports.com/ind...akesurf+-+DEMO

4' 7"

Its listed as a demo but they are pristine. Mine still had stickers on it. Some fins were lost in transit but they already sent me an entire fin pack back.

Couple initial comments:
    1) Seems like a flat rocker but a pronounced nose rocker

2) Fin boxes are FCS (same as my Triple X)

3) I like the quality. Fragile compared to my hyperlight broadcast but appears more durable than my Triple X Slayer and my TWP Bomp Pop

4) Fins seem cheap compared to what you get from TWP and Triple X. I will likely remove my Triple X fins and try them in the Carbon Thruster.

The fin boxes are interesting because you have the 5 fin boxes but you also have an extra slot that allows the fin to reside either closer to the tail or the nose.

Excited to try this board out on the water this weekend! For $400, it seems like a good deal if it rides well.
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Best board I've ever ridden. You'll love it!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I might pick one up - rode one a few weeks back and loved it!

Comment

Thanks for sharing and posting! It's down to $300 now. Killer!
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Im curious if this board would be ideal for my size and wake shape. Im 5'11 and 190 and my current surf wake is decent sized, nothing crazy big but I have no trouble surfing. Any thoughts? I would hate to buy this board without a demo.

Comment

Matt I am 6'2 185-190. I have a triple x slayer that is similar length and I prefer that length over my 4' 10" board. The slayer has a little more rocker so I would expect the carbon board to be faster in a straight line.

The sticker on the board says any weight and it's 0.6" wider in the center according to the sticker. So my guess is you will be OK since I am sure people bought the board and don't have the wave you do in your rz2.

300 is a killer price for that board. I bet you could unload for close to that if you don't like it.

I am taking it out for the first time this weekend and will let you know how it goes!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

As you can see it showed up in better shape than I expected. Pristine.

It's a circular sticker on the corner, not a ding.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                Thanks for sharing and posting! It's down to $300 now. Killer!
                Must... resist... already... have... one...

But... another... would... be... good...

Never... see... this... price... again...

ARRRRRRRGH!!!

Comment

Haha. Good luck with that struggle. Let us know the outcome.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

As other members have noted in other wake surfboard threads, I’m looking to upgrade from my entry level board (Hyperlite Broadcast). I’m only a year into the sport and still focus more on slalom and/or towing kids, but have gotten to the point where I believe a more advanced/faster board may be useful. I struggle to stay in the ‘pocket’ after finishing a 360 and – while I don’t want to blame the board – I can’t help but feel that I’m being limited somewhat by my board selection. Although I’m hesitant to buy anything without actually trying, I don’t really have an opportunity to demo anything as I don’t have other boat friends with a surf setup. With this price and some of the reviews I’ve read, I’m considering making the purchase.

Is this a solid enough upgrade over my existing board or should I stick with the Broadcast and wait for a bigger upgrade at a later time? If this will help me progress to some real tricks and is something I could ride for several years without growing out of it, it seems like a logical move. Any thoughts from those that have used this board as an upgrade?

I’m surfing behind a 20V with a decent, but not huge wave if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by nmriordan View Post
                      Is this a solid enough upgrade over my existing board or should I stick with the Broadcast and wait for a bigger upgrade at a later time? If this will help me progress to some real tricks and is something I could ride for several years without growing out of it, it seems like a logical move. Any thoughts from those that have used this board as an upgrade?
                      That was our situation too. We were coming from a skim-style board, which we really like (and still do for surface tricks like your 360), but the Carbon Thruster was a simply amazing step up. Speed, speed, SPEED and the ability to play with fin configurations made our outings 200% more fun. We're working on getting air now,something that simply wasn't going to happen with our existing board.

I'm not sure there is a "bigger upgrade" to wait for unless you're talking one of the semi-custom boards. Most of the reviews I've read on this board, by people way better than me, have been glowing and positive and rate it one of their very favorites. That's why I'm struggling... $300 is such a good price (less than half what we paid) for such a good board.

I would go for it. Heck, I DID go for it, at twice the price, and am thinking of buying a second. Can't think of a better recommendation!

Comment

Order placed - will post some feedback after riding for a week at table Rock.

Stingreye - thx for the head up

WAB - thx for the review

Love the help on this forum; has saved me tons of $ and time (which are both better spent on the water/on a boat).

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! At $400 I would have asked the wife and she would have said to wait. For $300 I did not ask the wife. Looking forward to a faster board and the chance to catch air

Comment

Oooooh... just found out they are in Wenatchee Washington - and my son and I are driving there tomorrow morning for a three day swim meet.

PRESSURrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre...

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                              Oooooh... just found out they are in Wenatchee Washington - and my son and I are driving there tomorrow morning for a three day swim meet.

PRESSURrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre...
                              LOL, I wonder if they will knock off the shipping if you pick it up?

Comment

Working...
                              X