X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. Good job WA'!!!!

I was also gonna pressure them to match that 300

300...BAM!!!
    my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

The store people confirmed the physical store would match their online prices. They have their dedicated website (liquidationsports.com) and an eBay store too.

If someone could look back in their browser cache and find the page that shows they had them for $300, I think a copy of that would solve the problem. They seemed like very honest and straightforward people - you just need to "show" them. That's how it works with a lot of these places... they'll match/beat a price but you have to show physical proof.

Comment

Here's a question:

Why are these boards so cheap?

I wanna pull the trigger but I hate buying boards before surfing them...

Also I need a nice vest. Maybe they have some deals on vests
        my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

They told me they are demos or minor blems. They showed me a couple of the "blems", and they really are minor. One example was the graphics under the "gel coat" (if that's what you call it over carbon fiber) were not quite perfect in a half-inch-square area on one edge. Another had a place where the carbon weave didn't look perfect, it was about the size of the end of a pencil's eraser. Neither one would have kept me from saving 50% on the board.

Also, these are 2013 models. I suspect they were closeouts at the factory, making room for 2014 production.

Comment

right..minor blems and they give them away for 300. no brainer

All I hear is the board has SPEED...lots of speed. Me luvs speed and the surfboard construction is def' top shelf

I also like the extra tip rocker. Great idea

One bummer is the colors. Love black...HATE orange..Damn why do people make boards with 'halloween' colors???

I noticed the '14 boards are a cool black with nice accents...really nice

Of course the bottom line is how well it surfs. so really color shouldn't mean that much if it rips

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
              One bummer is the colors. Love black...HATE orange..Damn why do people make boards with 'halloween' colors???
              Right there with you. But looking for a silver lining, the board should be easy to spot if the surfer makes an, um, "ungraceful" landing. Our existing black one can be a bit of a challenge if the sun angle is bad.

Another way to think about it: They'll pay you $300+ if you'll take Halloween Orange.

Comment

I discussed it with the 'crew' and they're all for it. I told them about the cheesy Halloween colors too..

I can't see buying another Danielo Diamond for close to 700 just to have the same board 3" longer than my present Diamond. I should have bought the 4'6" Diamond in the first place.

My excuse for that is I got it used for a reasonble $$ off Craigs

AND had somehow talked myself into thinking 51" was big enough for MOOSE...

NOT!!

Comment

Hey WA' can I drop your name (since your the famous guy signing all of them) when I call tomorrow?

I'm def' doin it...officially 100%...for sure

right between pulls on the lake...hehe

Comment

Hey WA' can I drop your name (since your the famous guy signing all of them) when I call tomorrow?
                    Sure, for whatever good it will do you!

But remember that when you call Liquidation Sports, you're talking to Jen, the gal that runs their online operation. My board actually came from their brick-and-mortar storefront next to the Home Depot in Wenatchee, which is staffed by different people. They know Jen (I asked), but when you call LS you're not talking to them.

For what it's worth, I did get into a nice discussion of ballasting and wave generation with the store guys. When I said I could throw a good wave, they said "What do you have, a WakeSetter?" I said "No, better - a Tige 24Ve" and showed them some online photos of my ballast install and the resulting wave. They stopped talking about the WakeSetter after that.

Comment

OK so Jen won't give me the deal? OR she will?

24VE>Wakesetter

Comment

OK so Jen won't give me the deal? OR she will?
                        I think you'll have to explain things to her. Here's what I'd do: Call the LS number, speak to Jen, and mention you spoke to Richard Hartman, the guy in Spokane who talked with her multiple times last week about driving down to Wenatchee to check out the Carbon Thrusters for $300. She will know who you're talking about, as we talked 2-3 different times on the phone making arrangements. Tell her I ended up buying a different board at the store, but now you want to buy a Carbon Thruster. See what she'll do. I didn't spend an hour with her like I did the guys in the store, but we did have several good phone conversations so hopefully she will honor the price that she and I discussed.

Report back!

Comment

BTW, this is the board I picked up from their retail store:

It has these silly blue LED's around the top edge that have two flash settings plus a solid setting. I don't care one bit about those, but I did like that it duplicates the overall shape of our 4-7 Carbon Thruster in a larger 5-1 size, has three fin boxes, and can interchange fins with our CT.
                          Last edited by IDBoating; 07-14-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Loks good. I like the colors better too. Let us know how it rides in comparison.
                            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

normal colors. I love it long time'

I pulled the trigger. Parks 4'7" Carbon Halloween Special Thruster is on the way..

I dropped your name WA' and got one of the signed ones for the good price

3 hun + 25 shipping

BAM!!
                              Last edited by MooseX; 07-15-2014, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Glad it worked out. Mine should arrive UPS tomorrow. Then it's time for some trick r treatin.
                                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                                X