No announcement yet.

Affordable 2013 Ronix Parks Carbon Thrusters $400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another confirmed order at $300 + $25 shipping. For good measure, I ordered a wakeboard for my son at the same time. Jen was great about it all, and she said that they would continue to hold the pricing for us Tigeowners right to the end of their inventory of the board.
    2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

I love it when things come together for our group. This is an awesome community!

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsah View Post
        Another confirmed order at $300 + $25 shipping. For good measure, I ordered a wakeboard for my son at the same time. Jen was great about it all, and she said that they would continue to hold the pricing for us Tigeowners right to the end of their inventory of the board.
        If you don't mind me asking, did you get it shipped to your Alberta address or are you picking it up at the border (sweetgrass maybe?). Reason I ask is that my shipping was around $50 US I believe, but I was getting it sent to my home address. It was originally only $25 till she realized I was in Canada.

Comment

Good work boys! I'm glad they finally admit/realize they were actually sold for $300 at one point.
          Even better that they are extending the deal/mistake to the group!! A little good will goes a long way.
          Last edited by TeamAllen; 07-18-2014, 04:43 AM.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by retox1 View Post
            If you don't mind me asking, did you get it shipped to your Alberta address or are you picking it up at the border (sweetgrass maybe?). Reason I ask is that my shipping was around $50 US I believe, but I was getting it sent to my home address. It was originally only $25 till she realized I was in Canada.
            I'm having it shipped to Sweetgrass as it's only a 2 hour round trip and well worth the drive to avoid extra time and costs for shipping to Canada. They are charging me $25 to ship the wakesurfer and $30 to ship the wakeboard.
            2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Thanks, I kinda thought that must be why yours was less. I get lots of stuff shipped to Sweetgrass too but i didnt think this board alone justified a trip. I did request USPS shipping so hopefully that avoids most of the crazy UPS brokerage fees.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                The set screws on my two boards don't always go flush with the board. I tighten them until they "feel" snug and the fins are solid. If they stick out a bit after that, it's OK with me. I'm not good enough to feel the effect of a few set screws sticking out of the board a tenth of an inch or so.

I've always worried about stripping the board's "threads". They're not really threaded; there's no threaded insert or anything. I bet they just "cut" the threads with a screw and then put the set screws in. If you strip it, I think your only option is to go up a size on the set screw for that hole.

As for your problem (which sounds like the hex stripped out of the set screw), I'm surprised you could do that before the board's "threads" gave out. But in any case, try a set of metric hex wrenches... they are just a bit offsize relative to American sizes so you might be able to get a metric into a "stripped" one.
                Thanks, WA. It was the hex that stripped. I actually went to a 3/32, and it worked better than the key they sent. None of the metrics fit well. So far, so good with the 3/32. I will say that some of the set screws seem to be way to tight. Very hard to turn way before they are holding the fins.

I used it first as a quad and thought it was too slow. I changed it to a tri-fin, and that seemed to speed it up. I might take out the middle fin next and see what happens.

Reading the rest of this thread has made me a little more mad about the pricing thing. Granted, I paid the 400 before I knew about the 300. In that situation, they have no obligation to do anything for me, but Jen just flat out lied to me twice when I called to ask her about it. Bald face lies. That pisses me off. Just be honest and say what's happening and tell me you can't do anything for me. Whatever. But don't lie to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                  Whatever. But don't lie to me.
                  Exactly. I respect honest differences of opinion, and misunderstandings do happen. But flat-out lies I do not forgive. There is a (formerly!) high-ranking DC politician who learned that the hard way back in the 90's when he lied straight to my face. I formed a political action committee for the sole purpose of removing him from office, and he lost his first election in 30 years. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Anyone else get theirs yet?

Comment

Mine's been over at my PO Box since last Friday. It was supposed to go to my home!!

I'm goin' over in a bit to pick up my brand spankin' new semi-custom Wa sig' Halloween Theme Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster

Excitement is building!......except the wind is up so no waves today....sigh...

Shame some didn't get the sig' price...That web site got alot of free press. I had no idea who they were before. That kind of publicity is priceless to E' biz
                      Last edited by MooseX; 07-23-2014, 03:51 PM.
                      my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Haha. We need to shorten up that title. WSHTRPCT

Comment

Got mine as well (and at the $300 price tag - was lucky enough to strike while the 300 price was honored online). Still have to unwrap her and determine which fin configuration to start with - maybe just two to checkout to work on completing the 360. Won't have it out until August but will get a full week at a Table Rock Lake to screw around.

Definitely interested in any fin suggestions from others.

Comment

nice!

I went and got mine today...then I stopped off at the costume bank to grab a gorilla mask

Says right on the instructions> Best surfed in proper attire'

I put all 5 2.9's on to start. Figure I'll work backwards and end up surfing it as twin like every other board

I've also got some bigger fins from my ocean board collection. Might try those like W'Cummins suggested

I had no issue with fin screws. The FCS fin allen head I use worked no problem

The board does have a couple 'blems. Nothin crazy and you really have to stare to see them.

However WA's sig is loud and proud up on the nose hehe
                            Last edited by MooseX; 07-24-2014, 03:24 AM.
                            my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

We experimented with all sorts of fin configs when we first got the board. We too ended up at two 2.9's (can't remember the exact positions) but we're going to redo the experiments now that we have a bit more experience.

Comment

I'll bet that's where we end up. There's not a lot of dif' between the 2.9's and 2.3's.

Maybe Park should have made some 2.0's

Comment

Working...
                                X