Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any slalom skiers that use Tige Boats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking at a 2014 r20 for 70% slalom, 30% wake and surf. Anyone have experience/comments on the slalom wake at 32? This particular boat has the Convex VX which I have read doesn't affect the wake at slalom speeds. I ski hard but just recreationally and need the space of an open floor plan.

Comment

I have never been or seen that hull at slalom speeds and the promo videos don't provide much help either. I would definitely demo it, otherwise I would look at a Malibu VTX. Early and late models of the VTX run on a modified slalom centric hull.

Comment

Based on my experience with tige and any non- ski specific hull, It's not going to be a great slalom wake, but certainly workable if you're not worried about a flat wake. Even with no ballast, the hull design isn't conducive to a flat wake. You're gonna have a wake jump and then also a bump in the middle of the wake.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an 07 22i, do you guys tow off the tower? I dont have a ski pylon, we have one in our group that rips the slalom, so trying to figure out the best set up.

Comment

At the start of the season, I would put the rope on the tower for an easy pull up. Long line lengths you would be hard pressed to notice the difference, by as you shorten the rope the boat will want to pull you out of position. If the rope is short, may want to use the rear tow point, though be ready for some fun driving

Comment

Working...
            X