Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any slalom skiers that use Tige Boats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRD
    I want to get out and ride w/ this boat over the next 2 wkends. This wkend is supposed to be ok. Somewhere in the 60's. The water temp should still be 70's and up. I will put it up in Nov. I am skipping the race this wkend just in case I get a chance to take the boat out. Do you live out by Raleigh or Charlotte?
    I'm 15 miles west of Charlotte, trying to juggle in about 4 things this weekend. Any chance you could do a weekday ride?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It is looking like that will be my best bet. I just got talked into going to the race this wkend. I will send you a pm w/ my number. High Rock lake is about 1hour away for me, but it would be closer for you. I don't know anything about High Rock but Norman is to far during the week. I don't mind being the boat driver. I hope to be able to ski next year. Maybe we can work something out. There is a guy that knows that lake well, maybe I can get him to go.
      Dale
      2000 21i Tige

Comment

Tige 2002 - you out there? Your 95 fslm looks an awful lot like mine. Mine has a black main panel with dark blue fading to light blue stripes below the black. Burgandy trim lines. Blue accent panels on the interior with burgandy piping. I installed a TAPS system on it and let me say that even though the bottom config was not designed for TAPS it still very effective. Been doing slalom (66" Kidder 7000), barefoot and trick skiing behind it since I bought it new. I ski a lot behind a friends 2006 Malibu LXI and I don't see a lot of difference at 35 off/36 MPH (Open water of course) (Wish I could do that on the course )

John
        Last edited by John Palica; 10-25-2006, 11:07 PM.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank
          Hey DevinH
          Glad to see another 97 pre 2000 owner out there. Your right on the money about being a great barefoot boat, I have a couple of buddies that love to foot behind my boat!!

I have not been on this site for a little bit, but what do you think about the salom wake?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril
            I'm 15 miles west of Charlotte, trying to juggle in about 4 things this weekend. Any chance you could do a weekday ride?
            Let me know if you go to the Davidson course. Its not the cold yet. I would like to try a newer Tige through the course. I have not skied in 3 weeks and i'm going crazy I hate winter time

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH
              Let me know if you go to the Davidson course. Its not the cold yet. I would like to try a newer Tige through the course. I have not skied in 3 weeks and i'm going crazy I hate winter time
              TRD and I are trying to get together this Sat. and ride. We dont have a course here on Wylie, but we are going out Sunday morning to the 'hot hole', water is between 75-80.

PM me if you want to go!
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO
                .... The following Monday at the chiropractors found 15 verts. out and 5 ribs askew. I've just started feeling like a normal person in the last 2 days. It's nice to be able to turn your head.

I still enjoy skiing, our Tige 2300V wake is pretty decent above 32 mph, TAPS at 2 or 3, nothing like a true ski boat but way better than my deep V that I had before.

However, I am like Nickypoo. My back is always hurting and its always a trip to chiropractor after a few days out skiing, but its worth it!

Comment

Hi John, yup still out here. the paint on ours is a solid blue panel with small red and blue stripes below it. the interior has red piping with blue, gray and white panels. Its Mercruiser powered and is bone stock with 760 well maintained hours. I guess they could be ordered any way the customer wanted back then? We use it for skiing and long rides on some of the bigger rivers here in fla. What i really like about the boat is the way it rides in a light chop ( like a caddillac). for long trips we cruise at 25 MPH and burn just under 5 gallons an hour giving us 5 miles per gallon. Better than most outboards! They really are great boats

Comment

Tige 2002, I guess mine is a baby compared to yours in terms of hours. Got close to 400 hours on mine. Lots of cruising time in a lake in The Adirondac State Park and lots of slalom skiing in between. It's cooling off up here in Connecticut. Changed the oil and filter last weekend, put antifreeze in the block, fogged the engine, waxed it and the trailer, vacuumed the interior, put it's cover on and towed it to the winter storage building till March . I agree, it's been a good boat.

John
                    John

Comment

John you are really bummimg me out with your winterization story!!!

Its going to hit 57 degrees on Monday here in Wisconsin so I'm hoping to hit it one more time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril
                        TRD and I are trying to get together this Sat. and ride. We dont have a course here on Wylie, but we are going out Sunday morning to the 'hot hole', water is between 75-80.

PM me if you want to go!
                        Let me know if your going I'm all about that

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH
                          Let me know if your going I'm all about that
                          Devin, I sent you a PM

Comment

John, that is a sad story indeed. I imagine that in the spring when you take the raps off, its like finding an old friend in great condition and ready to go. Here in Florida, its pretty much year round. In fact the summers are almost too hot. Last weekend we went on a 50 mile trip with the neighbors down the St Johns river. Went to two really beautiful natural springs to go swimming and wound up the day at a bar/ restaurant on the waterway............... ok, ok i'm rubbing it in now.
                            What part of Conn? I grew up in Greenwich.
                            Mark

Comment

Awesome time on Sunday

Wife and I drove up to meet TRD and his Family. He took us out on thier home lake. Got to run my first slalom course boy was that ugly. TRD, you have a sweet boat man. We really had a great time, thanks for the invit! If we decide to do a New Years run, I'll let you know.

As soon as Summer rolls around, we would love to have you and your family down for a day on our boat. Thanks again.

Comment

2006 20i

I own a 2006 20i. I am an average novice tournament slalom skier and think it is a great slalom boat. I ran my personal best this year behind it (1@32off 34mph). I have see a friend run 3@38off 34mph behind it. Chris Rossi can run 41 behind it. It would also be a great wakeboard boat with a tower but I did not put one on it yet. I have several pictures of it at:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/griff100...23393855#page1

More info on my boat is also at http://www.namg.net - Search brokerage boats and look for 20 foot boats.

I will be getting the 2007 20i if I find a good home for this one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X