Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any slalom skiers that use Tige Boats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking boat..... Hey I saw in your pictures you went to Acapulco. Was that at the Gordon Rathburn site??? Looks like it is allot of fun, were you able to learn anything from the instructors?

Comment

Ski Paradise

Yes! That was Ski Paradise in January of this year. Every slalom skier should visit this place at least once. Everyone is treated like Royalty. Great villa. Great ski site. Great coaches. The guest coaches that week were Will and Elaine Bush, owners of Shortline Lake in Sacremento CA. All the other guests were great as well. Four were from Hawaii, two from Iowa, two from Seattle. I have since visited and skied with two of them in Iowa, met one for a ski week in Charlston SC and visited Will and Elaine and skied a tournament at Shortline Lake.

It realy was a blast! I'm going back to Acapulco before the end of the year.

Comment

Is it a reasonable in price for the week...do they have packages?

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank
          Is it a reasonable in price for the week...do they have packages?
          Not really reasonable if you are looking at only price. This is a luxury vacation you can not get this anywhere else.

All included: pick-up at the airport, room in the villa, food all week cooked by chefs, all the water skiing you want, coaching, transportation where ever you want to go for an alternative to skiing, luxurious lounging at the villa around the infinity pool or hot tub, mingling with waterskiing people that you may never get to, the list of aminites goes on and on.

Check it out.

http://www.skiparadise.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tige2002
            John, that is a sad story indeed. I imagine that in the spring when you take the raps off, its like finding an old friend in great condition and ready to go. Here in Florida, its pretty much year round. In fact the summers are almost too hot. Last weekend we went on a 50 mile trip with the neighbors down the St Johns river. Went to two really beautiful natural springs to go swimming and wound up the day at a bar/ restaurant on the waterway............... ok, ok i'm rubbing it in now.
            What part of Conn? I grew up in Greenwich.
            Mark
            Tige 2002, a sad story it is. And you are correct, in late March when I bring my boat home it is like reaquainting with an old friend. Yesterday I soothed my sadness by buying a 2007 Harley Sportster. That will keep my adventurous juices flowing till it snows. Then what will I do?

We are in Vernon CT, just east of Hartford about 13 miles. Most of my skiing is on the Farmington River near Bradley Airport.

John
            John

Comment

Congrats on the Sportster!!! I have a year 2000 and like it very much. When i lived in Conn. we used the winter for prettying up our bikes and then risked our lives on the icy roads early in the spring to test em out!

Comment

I rode a 1982 Kawasaki 440 LTD for 30K miles and decided to step up a bit. Sure is a world of difference. Ice skating on my Sportster???? I don't think so.
                John

Comment

Bumping a very old thread. Looking at the newer Tige's, (2010+) Which would you recommend most for slalom?

Comment

20i
                    20V
                    22i
                    Z1
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Would definitely go with any direct drive. Our RZ2 was better above 30mph but real rampy between 22 and 25mph.

I just realized that Tige no longer offers a DD. At least on the website there are no DDs.
                      "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Did they make an "i" DD model past 2010?
                        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I have a 2010 20v for sale. 1 owner all he did was slalom and pull his 2 younger daughters tubing.

http://www.inboardconnection.com/new...37&pov=3861129
                          FairTax.org

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                            Did they make an "i" DD model past 2010?
                            According to a Tige brochure I dug up, 2013 was the last year for a Tige DD.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

does the r20/RZR come in a DD or is that also something that went away in 13 also?
                              Last edited by JLG; 02-10-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
                                does the r20/RZR come in a DD or is that also something that went away in 13 also?
                                Nope, it appears that Tige simply does not have a DD. It seems as if only a few companies have a DD anymore. Nautique, MasterCraft, Gekko (yes they are producing boats again), Malibu and Centurion still make DD boats. There may be other very ski based small builders (Gekko really is this) but these are the ones I could think of.
                                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Working...
                                X