Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any slalom skiers that use Tige Boats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They had one or two DDs they were building at the factory when I visited in '13. From what I remember he said they were primarily building them for a small Japanese market. You may be able to still request one, or maybe not.

Comment

I wonder if it is something you can special order. I was just at the factory but didn't ask. I'm sure it is one of those things that was dropped when surfing became more of a money market for them like most boat mfgs. It looks like the RZ4 will be the next boat dropped as sales aren't that great on them anymore also.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        According to a Tige brochure I dug up, 2013 was the last year for a Tige DD.
        Thanks Mike, I would have guessed much earlier than that. "So you're saying there's a chance..."
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Our Australian importer for Tige has commented to me that you can still order the DD's, but it is a special build. God knows how much extra that would be.
          If it were true, I would love to order a new 21i, fit it out with all the latest including under floor ballast, etc.
          Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
            Thanks Mike, I would have guessed much earlier than that. "So you're saying there's a chance..."
            i thought the same, even after looking at the model specs page oh here. I googled tige brochure and found copies and they indicate a DD up to 2013.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the reply's guys, I want something that can do everything from slalom to surf, guess its just a matter of testing out a few boats to find the perfect one.

Comment

If anyone is interested in a 2013 20i, please PM me! It's white/black/blue with only 70 hours and in near new condition!

Comment

From my understanding, you can still order the direct drives.

Comment

Back in the days I skied behind a 20V I a lmost bought. It had a great wake with a minimal prop wash hump. I prefer V drives over dd mainly for cockpit space and better ride in the chop.
                    Last edited by CameroNut; 03-10-2015, 09:43 PM.
                    Taxman got all the money :(

Comment

I bought a R20 in 2014. 95% of my activity is slalom skiing. My kids & their friends are 80% wakeboarding & surfing, with 20% allocated to tubing. The wake is pretty good for slalom, though not as good as my wife's 1981 16' Glastron with an 85hp Evinrude or a friends 1990's vintage DD Malibu. I ski with one section off the rope, which really made a difference crossing the wake. I've been skiing with TAPS at 1, but will try TAPS 2 in a couple of weeks once the water temps rise out of the 30's. The salesman who sold me the R20 mentioned a few weeks ago that he thought that boat was the best of the Tige lineup for slalom. Newer versions have 3 trim tabs, which might make an even flatter wake possible.

Comment

I really want to try slalom. Never done it before.

Comment

I may be wrong, but TAPS 3 is for surfing and will not work at slalom speeds. Some ballast in the front can help soften the wake to make the wake to wake cuts easier.

Comment

yes! that is why I bought mine.

2005 switch i

Comment

My 2019 R21 definitely has a ginormous bump to cross compared to my old 99 21i direct drive. However I'm getting the new boat dialed in still. I've found throwing a ton of ballast to the bow can flatten it out fairly nicely. More testing to come in the next couple weeks

Comment

Old guy (60) slalom skier here. My kids and their friends all surf so we traded our 2007 22i (which had a good ski wake) for a 2017 Z3 a couple of years ago. I have found that it does work OK for slalom if you fill the front bags to 30%, leave the rear bags empty and set the TAPS to 2-3 depending on conditions. Not as good a ski wake as the 22i or anywhere near as good as my old 1990 Ski Brendela direct drive... but still acceptable.
                                2017 Tige' Z3--Navy/Silver, Tan interior, Raptor 400.

Comment

Working...
                                X