Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any slalom skiers that use Tige Boats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any slalom skiers that use Tige Boats???

Just wondering if there are any other people out there who use Tige boats for water skiing???? Seem like the majority of the users are wakeboarders, which is cool, but would like to see what everyone thinks the best (past and present) slalom boats are that tige makes, and made.
    I have a 97 pre 2000 wt and bought in late October, I also live in Wisconsin and only skied behind it once before the lake froze. I'll have to say with the taps system the wake seemed awesome.

Slalom skier

My wife and I both Slalom, we bought our Tige 2100i in 1999. The wake is decent for slalom, but not world class. The reason we bought a Tige was because the price was right (More boat for the money) and they are built to last. I have not had any problems what so ever. We have the 350MPI 315hp merc engine and it has never failed to start on the first turn of the key. Hope to hear more from other Skiers out there.

Comment

I slalom with my 2002 22i all the time. It does a great job! I probably am 60% wakeboard, 40% slalom. I have run the course with it and it does just fine. Not quite the same as my old Prostar 190, but I can run shortline with it at 36mph. It took some time to get used to the little bump going over the wake, but it was more of a mental thing than anything else. I would think that Tige could almost get both the 21i and 22i certified by AWSA, but due the sheer size and weight of these boats its just not possible.

Comment

I'm glad to hear about other slalom skiers myself. I have just purchased a new I Switch and can not wait for the ice to melt (NH). I have never even been on a wakeboard but I am going to buy one and try it but my passion is skiing

Comment

Tige for skiing

My family has skied behind a 1997 22v for seven years. While there is a small wake to deal with for skiing, the lake our summer home is on requires a larger boat to manage the water during non-ski hours. My boys also wakeboard so the 22v offers the best of all worlds. After seven years and minimal issues with the 1997 boat we just ordered a new 2004 22v and are excited to continue our family committment to tige boats.

Comment

I have a '98 2100(21i) and the ski wake is almost as good as a Prostar 190 when you get up to 36mph and at least 28 off. Slower than 36 and a longer line and its a pretty good bump.

Comment

Seemed like a good thread.......... Any new owners out there who have opinion on their slalom wakes both new and old models???

Comment

I ski behind my 1999 2100v Ltd. I'm a much better skier than wakeboarder.

I have a 72" HO Magnum Competition ski w/ wrap bindings. What do you guys use?
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

72 inch ski??? man that is one chunk of wood. How tall are you?? I ski a 70 inch Phantom with Animal bindings.

Comment

I have a 2000 21i and I really like to ski behind it. I usually ski at 15 off. The wake isn't a bad. I use 67" kidder classic and ski the coarse when we can put them up.
                    Dale
                    2000 21i Tige

Comment

What is the best taps setting for the smoothest water behind the 21i??

Comment

I have a 69" Connely F1X with double vision bindings.
                        Attached Files

Comment

zany

Whats the boat and hows the wake???

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank
                            zany

Whats the boat and hows the wake???
                            I have a 24ve and the wake is not bad at 34 -36 mph, anything less than that and it's hard to keep your ski down.

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank
                              72 inch ski??? man that is one chunk of wood. How tall are you?? I ski a 70 inch Phantom with Animal bindings.
                              Hey, I'm a big guy (6'7")...thought about trying out as a lineman for the Packers
                              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                              X