ATX Photo Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
    Mike, do you know if all the same gelcoat colors are going to be available across both lines?? If so the new mint has me stoked.
    Yes you can go to atxboats.com and design one and mint is a color option.

I just saw the first one pop up on onlyinboards at Heinen Motorsports and they are asking just over $90k.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      Mike, do you know if all the same gelcoat colors are going to be available across both lines?? If so the new mint has me stoked.
      Yes, same gel coat colors. The new Mint is super sharp! Looks even better in person.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
        Yes you can go to atxboats.com and design one and mint is a color option.

I just saw the first one pop up on onlyinboards at Heinen Motorsports and they are asking just over $90k.

Give me a call and I'd be happy to provide details on it. 763-425-2178

Comment

Really not being a smartass here. Is there some advantage to the ballast being in storage, if you have to take all your crap out to fill ballast? The whole reason I spend 15 minutes an outing messing with lead is to retain my storage. How does that count as storage area, if you can’t really utilize it, at least I’d never be able to. I’ve bar hopped tahoe a few times without using my ballast, but have never not used it otherwise..

I think between that and the 400 being the big motor, this boat isn’t really geared towards me, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
            Give me a call and I'd be happy to provide details on it. 763-425-2178
            I'm in Stilwell, Kansas and Lake of the Ozarks area so Performance LOZ is my dealer. I always look at your site as well, you guys get some awesome gel colors on your boats!

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post

I think between that and the 400 being the big motor, this boat isn’t really geared towards me, I guess.

They show a 460 in the engine options page. No supercharged but all the rest of the raptor line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                Thanks Mike. So no subfloor ballast? I wonder if the lockers are crazy deep like the Max. It would have to to have more storage than an RZX2. So ballast bags in the rear lockers and then I assume a bag on each side of the bow?

This is getting interesting.
                Is subfloor better? What are cons? I know Supra runs a ton of subfloor. Seems better for storage, why is it not just the way?

Comment

Is there some advantage to the ballast being in storage, if you have to take all your crap out to fill ballast?
                  Totally agree, but even with the true sub-floor ballast boats, we are putting additional in the lockers anyway.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
                    They show a 460 in the engine options page. No supercharged but all the rest of the raptor line.

That’s good to know, 460 with a 2:1 should be legit. I don’t think there is anything that could sell me on a 400, after where I’ve been with being underpowered. Maybe if you were strictly running close to sea level, which maybe that’s the majority of boats, but not me.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      Totally agree, but even with the true sub-floor ballast boats, we are putting additional in the lockers anyway.
                      At least that’s a decision each owner could make. Why wouldn’t you just put hard tanks in a deep hull boat, and let people opt for PnP, if they want. Or are we just going back to 2000 and filling bags all over our floor and seats? Why would you want to give up storage, for ballast when I have to assume there’s dead space under the floor anyways?? There has to be something I’m not realizing.

Comment

Really not being a smartass here. Is there some advantage to the ballast being in storage, if you have to take all your crap out to fill ballast? The whole reason I spend 15 minutes an outing messing with lead is to retain my storage. How does that count as storage area, if you can’t really utilize it, at least I’d never be able to. I’ve bar hopped tahoe a few times without using my ballast, but have never not used it otherwise..

Don't discount it just yet. If the under seat storage is knee deep, that is significant. That's where we store everything. One U shaped bow bag is fine with me. As for the 400... have you compared the HP/torque charts on the 400 and 440? They are almost identical until like 4500 RPM's when the 440 pulls away on HP. The only time my boat see's 4500 is empty cruising. No problem there. Put the 2:1 transmission behind the 400 and it just might work. Don't forget this boat is 1000 pounds lighter than the RZX. That will help more than anything. If the surf pictures I've seen so far are true to life stock ballast, this is good news. I could add 1000 in lead and it would probably be killer, all at the same weight I'm running now. The 440 is a $2000 upgrade if you feel you'll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
                          Is subfloor better? What are cons? I know Supra runs a ton of subfloor. Seems better for storage, why is it not just the way?

Sub floor just means that there is a floor. That means added cost. If the lockers are super deep, like I imagine they are, then the bags will be located in the same "subfloor" area, but without a floor over the top of them. I imagine there would be plenty of room to build a shelf over the top of them if one is so inclined due to lack of space.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                            In the ATX lineup or Tige/ATX lineup...Cause if it's just the ATX lineup it doesnt count just pounding yourself
                            Tige and Atx. Stock for stock. I don't think its close either. Just an opinion.
                            Germaine Marine
                            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Well for one.. you have a bad taste in your mouth for lack of power. Cant say I blame you but you really should go drive something with the 2-1 before you axe it out of the equation. I have ran a 400 rzx2 at pine view full ballast and about 1000lbs in lead. I believe pineview is 6k feet. Again. No problems.

As for sub floor ballast? Yes that just means MFG are running a stepped floor in the rear to account for the bags. Want a floor in it? Expand your budget 25-30K and buy a tige. For me? Give me the crazy depth to the floor and let me make use of it how I want. Change to a crazy stupid rear bag? You can do that. Build a shelf on top of the bag? You can do that too. For me the stock weight was excellent, like more then excellent. Plenty of room to just toss jackets etc into the rear lockers and leave it.

You say the boat isn't for you, I would say make the quick trip down big dog and let me get you in one
                              Germaine Marine
                              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

The 360, 400, 440, & 460 are on the ATXboats website.

Comment

Working...
                                X