Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new RZX2 - wake is terrible - what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel ya!! I probably only wakeboard like 10% of the time, now, and If I had to pick one for life, it would be wakeboarding, every single time. You can do so much more, but the caveat would be I don’t get beat to death doing it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a 2019 RZX3. TAPS retrofit already replaced as the original actuators put in wrong location. I was happy to have put lights in the holes, but not perfect location. At 100% ballast, can't get it to create a clean wave regardless of speed or settings. They sent me new actuators thinking the throw was off, but tested the new ones at 2", current ones installed at 2". Both operating correctly. I hear this group dumping ballast, and that seems crazy for a boat that costs so much. Seems like every other manufacturer has figured it out. It's only clean enough to ride port side with starboard plug and play bag nearly empty. Port surf tab engages riders wave nearly most of the time and dirtying the riders wave. I've already checked demo mode. Seems to me the actuator needs a longer throw, and or be able to retract further- actuator that's shorter but longer shaft. Perhaps remount the plate further away and have it longer? This seems crazy to have all these setting options but it only works on a few with ballast dumped. What's the point of being able to switch wakes when the boat isn't evenly ballasted? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I've spent an entire summer trying to make this wake happen. Curtis

Comment

Curtis, there’s a few threads on here about setting the wave up on your boat with great information. When you bought the boat did your dealer give you any instruction? I have learned there is no magic recipe for making a wave. Every variable will affect the wave from wind, chop, weight of all ballast, where people sit, etc. I’ve had my RZX for two summers now and am now finally getting the feel for dialing the wave. Been discouraged a few times, but overall we always have fun and our wave is getting better and better each trip. Hang in there.

Comment

They didn't give instructions. I'm new to this forum, so I'll keep looking for more threads. thanks. Curtis

Comment

Working...
          X