Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new RZX2 - wake is terrible - what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe those are correct. If they are under recall, and warranty, I’d be pretty bummed if they weren’t sending me a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They will warranty them no issues. Get new ones and you will be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I contacted Tige directly and got an immediate response (Thanks Justin!). It’s clear they’re a customer oriented company. They are sending me a new set of actuators. This type of customer service goes a long way in my book - builds brand loyalty.

I’m hoping they arrive within a few days so I can install them next week. Once installed, is there any sort of calibration that needs to be done from the Tige Clear panel?

Comment

Originally posted by BrentB View Post
          I contacted Tige directly and got an immediate response (Thanks Justin!). It’s clear they’re a customer oriented company. They are sending me a new set of actuators. This type of customer service goes a long way in my book - builds brand loyalty.

I’m hoping they arrive within a few days so I can install them next week. Once installed, is there any sort of calibration that needs to be done from the Tige Clear panel?
          That is awesome and sounds about right. Justin and the whole crew at Tige knock it out of the park. Tige family is real! If you need any help along the way getting them on theres lots of help around here.

You'll be so stoked next time you go out and things "magically" clean up on the wave.

Comment

I had a chance to run the dealer demo mode. I clicked =Surf, then set to various set points, then switchend from right to left. Here is a video of the result. It actually appears as though both the left and right are not working properly (note: I edited this post with a better video)...

https://youtu.be/-Q4Emm9-vQU
            Last edited by BrentB; 07-17-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I asume you don't have the new actuators Installed in the video?

Comment

That’s new actuators all around?

I’m not super familiar with what the individual settings look like. Setting it to 1 should be fully deployed each direction. So I’d make sure both right and left are set to 1, then run it again, maybe??

Comment

Both of those surf plates look wrong to me..

Comment

Those are the ORIGINAL actuators. The new ones should arrive in another day or two from Tige.

I sent the video to Tige today and got an immediate response...
                    “Both of your actuators are toast. Right is filled with water and left has some other damage internally.”

I’m hoping to install the new actuators this weekend.

Comment

Gotcha, I thought that was the new ones, I was wracking my brain as to how new ones could look like that. Glad to hear that isn’t the case.

Comment

Brent do you have a good contact at Tige you would be willing to share? My middle actuator is hanging off and my dealer insists on having them shipped to them and then to us so my husband can fit. We were also able to convince them to let us fit them. What I don’t want to happen is to get a replacement for the middle to then find the others are shot too. I have also simulated in surf mode so thinking if I can do a similar video I could speak to Justin directly.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahStenning View Post
                          Brent do you have a good contact at Tige you would be willing to share? My middle actuator is hanging off and my dealer insists on having them shipped to them and then to us so my husband can fit. We were also able to convince them to let us fit them. What I don’t want to happen is to get a replacement for the middle to then find the others are shot too. I have also simulated in surf mode so thinking if I can do a similar video I could speak to Justin directly.

Hi Sarah,

I simply sent an email to info@tige.com and got a very quick response. Based on what I’ve experienced so far, I’m sure if you do the same you’ll get a reply within 24 hours from a qualified person.

If your dealer is local, Tige may prefer that you handle this through them. I do not have a local dealer near me and I purchased the boat used from a non-Tige dealer. I think that may be why they agreed to ship directly to me. I can’t guarantee you’ll get the same response.

Good luck!

Brent

Comment

Brent may be right, Sarah. I just went through this too. I’m a couple of hours from my dealer, so they got Tige to drop ship actuators to me, to save me the trip. If there is resistance there, it’s probably on your dealer. I’m guessing they get a few dollars from Tige to change out those actuators, and that’s likely the reason. I’d press your dealer a little harder.

Comment

I just re-read that, and saw your dealer wants to ship to them then to you. Guess my theory is shot. I do know that my dealer got Tige to drop ship to me, last month. Good luck with it. Guessing this all gets more difficult when they start using the new actuators, for all of us with the old ones.

Comment

I received the replacement actuators from Tige today, but I’m not sure they are the newer Gen 3 actuators. The number printed on both of them is 5EGN2. It is my understanding that the third digit needs to be an “I” or higher. I don’t want to bother installing these if they are the same faulty Gen 2 actuators. Anyone know if this number corresponds to the same recalled Lenco actuators?

Comment

Working...
                                X