WHATS THE BEST TUBE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAllen
    I'm really still trying to figure out how much stress the tower should take. I never really put to much thought into it, until tweirich questioned my use of tubes being attached to my tower. I will now attach my tube(s) to the transom eyelets with that rope pulley thing delongheavyhaul told us about. One boarder from the tower, One skier from the pylon. What do you think about a skier from the tower?
    TeamAllen:
    When the boat is stopped, our kids hang from the tower like monkeys on a tree. If you look at the thread going about tubes, there is a picture of some grown guys doing the same, though they're doing it with the boat moving. I think the tower will handle the weight. I don't have any scientific evidence to support it other than my own personal observations. I'd be worried more about the gel coat than the tower but I still don't think it'll be an issue.

I'll post some pics when I get some.

Originally posted by draginass
    ...The look of horror as they realize something is wrong...
    Draginass:
    You need to publish this paragraph. It is that good!

Comment

Thanks smendez! I can't wait for the pics.! That is some exceptional writing skills he has. I can just picture it as he describes.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Kind of like this.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen
          Kind of like this.
          Yep thats right after the "look of calm" part!!!!
          "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

The other link for Extreme Tubing doesn't work anymore, so I found another one.
            Extreme Tubing

Comment

Btw, it was sooo windy last weekend when I took my 10 year old tubing that whenever i'd send a rolling wake at the tube, he would become airborne and fly like the guy in the video. He thought it was cool until the tube went up, rolled over sideways and nose-dived back towards the water. He got about 10' up in the air and flew for several seconds before that happened. He wanted to stop after that because his eyes hurt. When I asked him why, he said it was because he watched with his eyes open all the way down. Good thing we were only going about 19 Mph. I am definitely *NOT* going to tell him about extreme tubing
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Yeah, we're on a first name basis with the ER docs at the local hospital...
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                X