No announcement yet.

WHATS THE BEST TUBE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the tubes are behind the boat more than the boat is behind the rig? I think I'll spray paint mine. Since they call them tube wars maybe military water camoflauge.
    Attached Files
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Are those attached to your tower? I've heard strong recommendations against doing that.

So, what are the thoughts on using the ski pylon vs. tower for 1 tube or 2 tubes?
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

C'mon You gotta rock the color coordinated tube, for gosh sakes.

We have red life vests, kneeboard, ski, and wakeboard.

The board I already had, but the rest was purchased, not by me mind you, with the color scheme at least in mind.

Oh, and the boat is not behind the rig much, I only live 1/4 mile from the lake!!
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Yes they are attached to the tower. I haven't heard anything against it. We don't get very wild at all! I was going to post that question in the other discussion section, thanks tweirich for reminding me. I'll do it now.

Comment

I would never pull a tube from the tower, but thats just me. I pull from the pylon.

Comment

Rope location?

I would not think one or even two tubes could generate the strain that a big wakeboarder can on a hard cut of big fall iif he is trying to pull out of something. I know I have seen the rope launch back at the boat pretty hard when my arms finally can not pull my fat butt anymore. I also feel the pull from a wakeboard and don't a tuber.
              My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

I agrre not as much drag with the tubes. There are some pretty heafty tubes out there though. They make a special rope just for them. It's like 1/2 inch or something. I would never do that!

Comment

Most the stuff I have heard is when the tube submerges. I have heard of a few tower being bent and gel-coat cracking. Prob mostly holdover from some earlier tower designs, I don't think I could bend my tower now.

Comment

Tube flying on tower

I posted earlier and we have a tube that is said will actually flry if it is towed from the tower. I am glad to say We haven't tried yet. We were at Powell four days and the watre was to good to screw up. So the new tube is still just that a new tube. I wish it could stay like that, but I'm sure there will days when the tube will be toy of choice due to water conditions.
                    My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

Know what you mean, my wife refuses to get on the boat if the kids want to go tubing...as a boat driver, it kinda sucks as well. The things we do for our kids...
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

my dealer said to tow the tube from the rear eye rings. they are the strongest part of the boat. they lift the boat with those. i bought a tube pulley at my dealership that connects to both, and the pulley moves back and forth to even out the weight. my dealer told me that he has seen a tower ripped off by a tuber before. just too heavy. he also said that the ski pylon is not good either to pull a tube. he said that the pylon is just set in fiberglass and not made for more than one skier to be pulled from. the pulley works very good. i will try and find a pic to post for ya. i would not put that much stress on the tower. oh no.

Comment

Thanks delongheavyhaul! I would love to see the pictures when you can. I'm sure the rear connection is the strongest, but when you use it I think the rope drags through the wake. I haven't done it in awhile as you can see from my picture.

Comment

My pylon is not in one of the newer mounts. It's actually mounted to the engine mount plates and has some additional backward supports. The welder who helped me remove my telescopic pylon said it would probably handle 1500-2000 lbs (in other words, way over-engineered).

I just hook both to the pylon and it does fine

Comment

im sure that would work fine, as long as it has supports to it. my 2005 24v is just mounted in the fiberglass. it is strong, but can crack. and i dont want that.

Comment

That brings me to a question, with the curve of the hull on the new Ve', are the lifting rings gonna be usefull to actually lift the boat?

Thanks for the pylon info, I don't think I will pull a tube from there anymore either. Lift rings for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X