WHATS THE BEST TUBE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHATS THE BEST TUBE?

we have a 24v. we wakeboard in the mornings, and when the wind comes up in the afternoons, we like to get the tubs out and get a little crazy. wee have a 3 person tube you lay on which is alot of fun. we also have a sumo tube. you wear it like a dress and hold on to the rope and go. it is pretty cool, you can steer back and forth across both side of the wake. you can do barrel roles too. it is pretty hard though. you have to keep your head up, and your arms up or you will be drinking lake water. we also have a gyro tube. which is like a big cone that you get in. there are handles on the inside. your feet hang out the back. it is on a swivel chain, so when the boat turns, your are barrell rollin if you like it or not. it is a blast. i'm starting to look for a new tube. every year i have to get a new one to try. what do you guys think?

I thought about this one, but that's where I stopped.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/over...item_num=11257

Comment

We just recently bought one called a bonzai. It is a lot of fun and extremely stable. My kids love it. A friend of mine rode it and said that it is like riding your living room couch.

Comment

i will have to check out the bonzai. that stingray tube looks pretty cool. they say it really does hoover above the water.

Comment

We're apparently geting something called a Wet tech Yahoo 2. We'll have to see how that turns out!
          "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

You can see a video of the manta ray at www.sevylor.com. It does fly out of the water and is apparently controlled by the rider. It looks pretty cool but is not cheap.

Comment

I just bought a Connelly, the convertible, the three man one. The sales guy said that up over thirty it will fly. Of course the factory rep dosen't want to hear about it. We are headed to Powell on Sunday and I'm sure somebody will try it. I'll try to get some photos. A whole new way to get someone hurt. My kids can't wait. Tubes who invented them?
              My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

I HAD THE CONVERTIBLE TUBE A COUPLE YEARS AGO. IT WAS AN AWESOME TUBE. IT LASTED 2 SUMMERS, THEN WE POPPED IT GOOD. NO PATCHES WERE GOING TO FIX IT. I WOULD SAY WE WERE A GOOD 5 TO 6 FT IN THE AIR, WITH 3 200+ POUND GUYS LANDED ON IT AND IT JUST DEFLATED UNDER NEATH US. IT WAS ALOT OF FUN.

Comment

I have two O'Brien Super Screamers. I just bought the second one, but the first one is still operational after 6 years. Some of the neoprene is peeling off, but my kids really love it when I have both going at the same time. That way they can have 4 of them back there trying to throw each other off.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

we call those tube wars! we through two tubes back there and they go at it.

Comment

That's what my kids call it, too. I see it as the watersport adaptation of wrestling...quite humerous the way they jump from one tube to the other like little stuntmen.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by draginass
                        We're apparently geting something called a Wet tech Yahoo 2. We'll have to see how that turns out!
                        Did you try it out yet? Let us know how it turned out.
                        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

My neighbor has a couple of Wet Techs. They're a lot of fun. Similar to the O'Brien Screamer.

Comment

Ok, I was confused, the Wife informed me that we are actually getting the Yahoo, not the yahoo 2. The yahoo is smaller than the 2.

I had a chance to ride a yahoo not too long ago, and its pretty standard. It rides well, flys well, and generally hurts you pretty good.

I thought we were getting the Yahoo 2 because it is red, and would match the boat!!

Does anyone have a Black Ice, that thing looks pretty fun!
                            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Ok, I see the tow vehicle matching the boat, but color coordinated tubes?

Comment

Working...
                              X