WHATS THE BEST TUBE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweirich
    Now that I'm older and wiser, I'm quite comfortable with not riding any tube whatsoever
    But what about:

"c'mon you wimp" "Chicken!!" "Bet I can stay on longer than you"

Those things get me back out there every time! I'm just a wee bit competitive!!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I'm the boat driver...giving me grief gets you voted off the boat
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Kind of like "Tige' Survivor".
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Ah, you gotta give the driver grief!! Its best to get him/her a little riled up before you take the tube ride...makes it more interesting. Kind of why I don't like it when my wife pulls me on a tube, she thinks it Dr. Phil time and has to get all her frustrations out!!

Comment

Kind of why I don't like it when my wife pulls me on a tube, she thinks it Dr. Phil time and has to get all her frustrations out!!
            So do you wear a Helmet and mouth guard for safety??
            You know your really in trouble when she gets you on the tube, and before she takes off, she tells you she just uped your life insurance policy!!!

Comment

hey i got me one of those kinds of wives also! she turns into a total different person when she drives the boat. kind of evil! for some reason she likes to get crazy and see how far she can get me to skip across the water. but for some reason, i keep getting back for more!

Comment

too much information...
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by tweirich
                  too much information...

HA HA

Comment

Originally posted by delongheavyhaul
                    hey i got me one of those kinds of wives also! she turns into a total different person when she drives the boat. kind of evil! for some reason she likes to get crazy and see how far she can get me to skip across the water. but for some reason, i keep getting back for more!
                    This is the main reason I try not to complain about anything she does on the the launch ramp!!

Comment

i have learned the hard way, but yes that is true. i just bite my toungue and keep quiet!

Comment

This is a little off the original subject but, don't you think this would be a major stress on the tower?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I don't think so.

I have seen a few of that type of barefoot boom around. The major stress would be when you hook a toe!!

Comment

TeamAllen:

I'm not sure if you've noticed. There's a line that goes from the end of the boom to the nose of the boat. The only thing that the tower holds is the weight of the boom. The stress put on the boom by the rider is directly transfered by the wire to the eye bolt used to winch the boat onto the trailer, which of course can more than handle the load.

It seems safe to me.

My kids are learning to barefoot. Luckily, we are using the boat at the local ski club, so I may be able to save the $500 for the boom. We'll see how it goes, they really dig it.

Comment

I actually have a boom, and use it for training kids and adults. It connects to the center pylon and rests on the gunnel. Once you are up to speed the force goes to that bow wire. Before the boat gets going the full weight of the rider is hanging on the bar and it bends. I'm sure it is safe. I just wondered how much stress would be transferred to the tower from that drag.

I'm really still trying to figure out how much stress the tower should take. I never really put to much thought into it, until tweirich questioned my use of tubes being attached to my tower. I will now attach my tube(s) to the transom eyelets with that rope pulley thing delongheavyhaul told us about. One boarder from the tower, One skier from the pylon. What do you think about a skier from the tower?

That is great your kids are learning to barefoot. Post some pics. It will be inspirational to us all.

Comment

My thoughts with kids are different, but with adults, nothing is better than a boom.

By that I mean, when they crash and burn, they are right next to the boat, so you get to see every ounce of agony when they fall. The look of horror as they realize something is wrong, the despiration as they try to save it, the look of over-welming calm when they know they are screwed, and the pained look as they crash.

I don't think I will be able to watch my kids go through that.

Comment

Working...
                                X