No announcement yet.

WHATS THE BEST TUBE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check out this link for the pulley - http://www.airhead.com/ahth3.php. it is $18.00 i am still looking for pics of when i use it.

Comment

sorry, that link doesnt work. go to airhead.com - then click on ropes, then on the top right corner is the "self centering tow rope" with a pulley

Comment

Thanks, I think the link doesn't work because of the period at the end. I saw the picture. Looks good. I still would like to see it on the boat when you get a chance. Do the ropes drag through the wake?

Airhead link
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

the rope floats while you are sitting, and when you are moving, the ropes are tight and out of the water. when the tube goes back and forth across the wake, the rope will some times go under the water right where the rooster is. doesnt really affect anything though.

Comment

Blown Convertible

Took the High School group to Havasu this weekend. Early morning took out the wakeboarders until the wind and boat traffic chopped out the lake. I have been towing from the rear eye rings. I have had two Connelly Convertibles for years and never a leak. This year the tubers have gotton more aggessive. I had 4 above average size riders and started out 2 on a tube. A large rider jumped from one tube to the other, 3 on 1, I did a turn and and had taps on 8 with massive weight in the back. Wake was huge. I crossed the wake and launched them about 5-6 feet in the air, They landed and bounced and the tube went flat. Blew a seam. No repair possible. Overall boat ran flawless. put about 12 hours in the 2 days. Day 1 averaged 4 gph and day 2 was about 6 gph
            Let it be!!!

Comment

Can you say neck injury!!!!!!!Sumo Tube

looks like fun, but man if you take a digger its all over but the crying!!!!

Comment

delongheavyhaul has one. He wrote about it on the first post. It does look pretty crazy.
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Looks like a candidate for the Darwin awards
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Just found this: Extreme tubing
                    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

That doesn't even look fun
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

i popped that sumo tube on the second trip top the lake with it. it was really hard to keep your face out of the water. it was really cool how you could steer back and forth across the wake with it though. i took that one back and got a gyro tube. it is for very serius tubers only!!! you get inside the rocket and hang on while you jump and do lots of barrel rolls. that video is awesome. we really dont ever go that fast though. and we dont tow from the tower. we dont want to get that hurt. got to go back to work on monday!

Comment

My oldest wants a Gyro...I'm trying hard not to encourage him. Kinda tired of going to the emergency room

Comment

We rented a Gyro for a couple of hours while at Table Rock.

The kids really liked it. They now want one. I didn't care much for it. You have to drive it so hard to make it roll that you're always on the edge of maintaining/losing control of that thing.

On one run in particular, I had the throttle all the way down and the steering wheel sharp to the left trying to get that thing to spin when all of the sudden my son lost his grip and got shot out of the tube like a cannon. It looked like he skipped across the water for 50 feet before he came down to a not so nice stop. I felt bad for him, though he was ok and wanted to ride some more. As a dad, I'm with Tweirich, I rather spend my time somewhere other than the emergency room.

We didn't get to use it the full two hours, it developed a bad leak by one of the seams and we had to return it. Luckily, they didn't charge us the entire cost of the tube.

Comment

I have also heard that if you are tall, the sumo tube leaves you unprotected in the sensitive areas. Might want to keep that in mind.
                              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Now that I'm older and wiser, I'm quite comfortable with not riding any tube whatsoever

Comment

Working...
                                X