Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to perform a "quick winterization" (Marine Power engine)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

It's the exact procedure to use. You'll have a knock sensor on each side of the block. The first time I did it I thought I had to be missing something because it's so easy but as long as you pull the plugs on each exhaust manifold(2, one each side, either blue or gray in color), the 2 knock sensors(one each side directly below the spark plugs). The sensors have two spots for a wrench to go on, don't use the outside one. Put a 3/4 wrench on the inside part to loosen it. Then either pull the plug on the bottom of the tranny cooler or pull the hose off the front of it(much easier) and push the hose down into the bilge so it's lower than the drive. Also while you have that hose off the front of the tranny cooler put your finger into the cooler, there is a screen in it that will collect some muck and weeds. Scrape that shite off of it and reassemble the hose to it. I leave all my knock sensors and plugs out for the winter and reinstall in the spring. Put them in a bag in your glove box for safe keeping. Extra insurance
    I know this post is OLD, but would it be the same procedure for a 2007 22ve with a Marine Power 5.7? Is there any changes between years?

Comment

WyoTige- I have an 07’ 22VE as well, it’s the same as the 08. Same procedure

Comment

I have an 08 22VE, and one thing no-one has mentioned is the fuel pump cooler. Mine has a hose teed off the port side hose to the exhaust riser that feeds the bottom a coil of pipe around the fuel pump. I pulled that hose off, and got about a half cup of water from that coil of 3/8 inch pipe.That is certainly enough to have split that pipe if it had frozen.

Comment

Does anyone still have the first 5 photos from the original thread? They no longer load. Maybe it is a "ME" problem. Thanks.

Comment

Man I should have taken pictures today. Honestly not hard to find. The knock sensor is just under the spark plug row on each side of engine. Only electrical plug there between the oil pan and spark plugs.

The drain for the exhaust manifold is right where the hose goes in on bottom side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, well...my 15 year old and I found the drain plugs, knock sensors and tranny cooler line. Let's just say that they were way easy to find once I wasn't staring at the motor from 2" away. Back up a little and BOOM...there everything was I plain sight. We did it with flashlights too. I will try and take pictures when we put it back together in a few days after it dies out. Thanks. Easy to do, fun to learn, saved a few dollars...fun times.

Comment

Working...
              X