Alternator Upgrade Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
    Can we move the group buy out 'till after the holiday? Christmas is killing me!
    sounds good to me!!
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

It will for sure be after the holiday. The alts are going to have to be USCG approved.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
        It will for sure be after the holiday. The alts are going to have to be USCG approved.
        agreed!!

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
          Darth aka spharis,
          Any ideas on how much additional horsepower will be taken away to run the high output alts? I am guessing that we won't notice the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
            Darth aka spharis,
            Any ideas on how much additional horsepower will be taken away to run the high output alts? I am guessing that we won't notice the difference.
            I looked into the 200 Amp Alts and it was going to rob about 8 HP. My guess a 90 would only take another HP or less when you upgrade from a 65 AMP. The difference wouldn't be noticable. Or are you going to get a 135 AMP? Most makers will have the data on the HP it takes to run the Alt.
            Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
              Darth aka spharis,
              You aren't going to notice anything.
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I agree with Spharis, wouldn't notice a bit!

Comment

All this Alt talk. Who's gonna be the first to throw a Generator in their Tige?

You could run your entertainment system, and still have enough juice for the fridge and the air conditioner....
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post

You could run your entertainment system, and still have enough juice for the fridge and the air conditioner....

you find one small and quiet enought to put ontop of my tower and I'll do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post

This was a serious consideration for me. A lot of guys are running a Honda 2000ei gen hooked up to a Cascade 75 power supply and when they beach the boat and get the stereo pumping they open the rear hatch and turn on the gen. They plum a line into a new bilge hole for exhaust. It costs about as much as a high Amp Alt and set up but not as clean. But for many they use the gen during the off season in the desert riding MX when they are out camping. I am going with the battery and on board charger option just for safety reasons.
                      Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

interesting. I don't have enough room for a generator on my boat, but if I ever up grade to the x-80 or tige's new boat of the same caliper maybe then! Heck mods, put a generator as an option on this giant of a boat that's coming out!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
                          This was a serious consideration for me. A lot of guys are running a Honda 2000ei gen hooked up to a Cascade 75 power supply and when they beach the boat and get the stereo pumping they open the rear hatch and turn on the gen. They plum a line into a new bilge hole for exhaust. It costs about as much as a high Amp Alt and set up but not as clean. But for many they use the gen during the off season in the desert riding MX when they are out camping. I am going with the battery and on board charger option just for safety reasons.
                          That's exactly why I brought it up. Our houseboat has a genset in it, there is no reason you couldn't plumb one into a Tige. Space, and the size of the Tige gas tank would be the limiting factors. I'm actually looking at small portable Honda's for other uses.
                          "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

could be a real nice how to section. I'm going to add a shower on my boat soon, guess I better study up!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
                              It costs about as much as a high Amp Alt
                              Just for comparison, my alt was $150 shipped. It will put out 150A.
                              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

thats what I'm looking at spharis. I want to wait and see what they come out with and then if we can get a group buy lets do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X