Alternator Upgrade Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
    Hey Moki, I just remembered that some of your larger auto parts stores carry spacers as well in various sizes. I'd try something like a Napa store or such.
    I always for buying than building on things like spacers -- just too lazy and I can blame somebody else if it doesn't work

Comment

I spoke with Ron at DB. He said that my low battery is probably what is causing the low readings. I have it charged and will hook it up fully charged and then see what my readings are. If they are still low, then Ron is going to build me another alternator.

Comment

New Alternator works like a charm

Well, DB sent me out a new alternator and I just got around to replacing it tonight and the readings look much better!
        Attached Files

Comment

he sent you a brand new alt? I thought you just needed spacers. Did I miss something?

Comment

Glade to hear it
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T View Post
              Did I miss something?
              Yes.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

good deal!
                Originally posted by G-MONEY
                It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Yeah that looks alot better.
                  http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                  []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                    I highly doubt you have a one-wire. I think most of the boats have an ignition hot on the back to power things like chokes, and hour meters.

And yes, I can get a hookup from him. He's probably going to want a picture so he can recommend one for you.

BTW the one I am getting is NOT the one in the ebay auction. After talking to him today, and sending some more photos, I am picking up a 130A for my boat, built in a similar Delco case. Ron is a tech at the shop he can take orders over the phone. When you guys get ready, hit me up, and I can get you in touch with him. He's a great guy, always eager to help, and keep you from overpaying. All their alts have a 1-year unconditional warranty. I met him through the internet while shopping for an HO alt for my tahoe. I try to recommend to people shopping around after my experiences.

How did you mount your alternator? Mine is not the same case as my stock, and I may have to get a bit creative. Any suggestions? Before I start fabing my own stuff, or bending the stock?

Comment

I repositioned existing brackets and had to use spacers to get it to work.

Comment

yeah I had that feeling. How many wires were in your stock one Moki?

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
                          Well, DB sent me out a new alternator and I just got around to replacing it tonight and the readings look much better!

mine are a touch lower then yours

Comment

I had to take my boat into the shop after some hard riding. My alternator started making that sewing machine sound and my voltage was all over the guage. It started to suck the HPs right out of the engine.

My dealer's telling me there's an upgrade option for the 315 Merc that's a stock Merc part. I'll let you know what they do if they change it out and how it works.
                            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

cool let me know for sure. Also, what the specs are on the replacement. I know there was one for it, that was like a 120, but it was 4-500 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                                I know there was one for it, that was like a 120, but it was 4-500 bucks

Dude, your stereo has already cost 10-20 times that much and you are worrying about 4-500 bucks?????? he he he

Comment

Working...
                                X