Anybody else getting laid off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skyski_tige View Post
    Definitely disagree. It is worst to be the one getting laid off... Out of work, no money, bills piling up, credit cards maxed out, possibly having to relocate family for another position, family depending on you. I have been laid off twice since 9/11. I would have much rather been on the other side. Respectively, you might rethink that one...
    Maybe its different in the corporate world, but in the small business world your employees are your most vaulable assets and become like family members over the years so in a sense laying somebody off is like losing a brother. So I still stand by what I said previously. Being on the other side doesnt make you recession proof, it means bigger bills and more of them not to mention the responsibility of employees on your shoulders. Its about living within your means, saving and staying away from the those evil credit cards.

Comment

yeah, but no job now.
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

My friend's dad just had to lay off the twelve people that worked for him a couple fridays ago, then his boss laid him off that afternoon, what a spineless b!tc*! I just took a job with a new company since they offered, figured I'd better take it while it was being offered, plus the company I was with was running out of work, no new contracts. Good luck with the new business and to everyone else out there feeling the tough times, hang in there!

Comment

Fortuntately, everytime that I have been laid off it has lead to bigger and better things. The layoff before this one was devastating at first, it was a great job with what I thought was a stable and growing company, the company then had an accounting scandal and only offered one week's severance -- refused because I did not want to sign their non-compete clause in their generous one week package. But this forced me and a two of my friends to start a new company since there were no new jobs. This layoff I am excited about because I prefer working for myself. So, if you are getting laid off, look at it as a new opportunity to really do what you want.

Comment

I worked for a company for 22 yrs and thought I was rock solid. Well I wasn't and I didn't get a dime of severance.

Comment

Fargin Bastages!

Comment

I got the 22 years also, thougt I was safe till the govt took us over and sold us
                Let it be!!!

Comment

sorry to hear that jim!

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                    sorry to hear that jim!
                    Thanks jwanck

I will be better off than most but still finding a job at this time will not be easy. Just trying to determine what I want to get into and how much training and school I will need
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
                      Fortuntately, everytime that I have been laid off it has lead to bigger and better things. The layoff before this one was devastating at first, it was a great job with what I thought was a stable and growing company, the company then had an accounting scandal and only offered one week's severance -- refused because I did not want to sign their non-compete clause in their generous one week package. But this forced me and a two of my friends to start a new company since there were no new jobs. This layoff I am excited about because I prefer working for myself. So, if you are getting laid off, look at it as a new opportunity to really do what you want.
                      Have you talked with someone from my office yet?

Comment

In Oct. 240,000 people lost their jobs. The unemployment rate jumped from 6.1% to 6.5%. Jobs were also cut in November which are not reflected in these numbers.

Comment

closing business, selling boat....

tough times, i'm closing my car dealership.....really slow right now.
                          i'm gonna sell my 2006 tige 22ve i will list it hear next week, i wanted to enjoy it one last weekend....will advertise here for less that the general public.....

buy gold ,silver,gun,ammo,food,water!!!

Comment

Got notice today. Its official. Last day is in January 09
                            Let it be!!!

Comment

sorry to hear that xpjim and skyliner.
                              Last edited by da.bell; 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that both of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X