Anybody else getting laid off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moki
    Forgot to wish you the best in your future endeavors and thanks for the kind words.

These are definately hard times and I do feel for the people who are laid off with very little severence and jobs are scarce.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
    Let it be!!!

Comment

that suxs. i know that my father in law has been having hell in the oil field to to companies stacking out rigs back in the yard since they cant afford to keep drilling. i on the other hand work for a company as an industrial welder building oxidizers to purify the air so job stability is good for me.

Comment

Glad to hear Moki that you have a direction to head in. Best of luck to you!

Comment

Everybody should be laid off once in their life. It,s not the end of world.

Comment

I am in the construction industry and we have felt the bite this year, whats worse than being laid off is being the one who has to lay off. I had 20 employees at the beginning of the year and am down to 6. Luckily, all of them went and found other employment. There is nothing I dread more than having to tell an employee with two kids, wife and a house payment that times are tough and they are going to go find another job. I seen this coming awhile ago and cut some benefits/wages on all of my employees. Half of them weeded themselves out by quiting. It was like an deep cleansing for my company, something that was long overdue. Now were back to lean and mean, still looking slow this winter but I saved so maybe I'll work on my powder turns this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by KonaKing View Post
              Everybody should be laid off once in their life. It,s not the end of world.
              There is plenty of direction out there on how to be prepaired for this kind of event. We all do not want to have to deal with this but it is reality and should be prepaired.

Good luck MOKI and if there is anything we can do to help let us know.
              www.automarinecare.com CWB, ACME, FlyHigh, Merc Marine, PCM, Marine-power, WETSOUNDS, HSE Volume Controls, Kicker, Sony, Samson Sports, and many other marine parts or accessory's.

Comment

So what are the 3 best ways to save money to get through this
                or
                How bad do you think this will get and what will that look like?

Comment

Originally posted by chadster2 View Post
                  So what are the 3 best ways to save money to get through this
                  1. Eliminate as much CC debt as possible.
                  2. Smart shopping at the grocery store. Use coupons, meat at the end of the shelf life, rice, potatoes, beans. Skip the beer, soda, chips and expensive prepackaged foods.
                  3. Reduce extraneous spending on nights out.
                  Ray Thompson
                  2005 22V

Comment

I'm out of work. Trying to find a new draftsman position but, they are extremely rare in this town right now. The construction industry has come to a grinding halt here. At least we are are saving a ton on daycare.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

One thing you can try to bring in a few funds is to substitute at a local school. Usually they are short of subs. It pays minimum wage, here in TN about $50.00 a day. But that may be enough to tide you over. Just watch out that you may lose unemployment benefits which may be more than the sub jobs.
                      Ray Thompson
                      2005 22V

Comment

Originally posted by raythompson View Post
                        One thing you can try to bring in a few funds is to substitute at a local school. Usually they are short of subs. It pays minimum wage, here in TN about $50.00 a day. But that may be enough to tide you over. Just watch out that you may lose unemployment benefits which may be more than the sub jobs.
                        The problem with this is that CA requires a Teacher Credential. However, I could be wrong but that is what I thought.

Comment

I am getting laid off today ironicly (sp).

But getting picked up by another company within 60 days, contract change.
                          I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                            I'm out of work. Trying to find a new draftsman position but, they are extremely rare in this town right now. The construction industry has come to a grinding halt here. At least we are are saving a ton on daycare.
                            Wow...sorry to hear that Nick....

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                            I am getting laid off today ironicly (sp).

But getting picked up by another company within 60 days, contract change.
                            That must be nice to be picked up so soon.

Comment

I have nothing to add. I just wanted to get to post 500.
                              Ray Thompson
                              2005 22V

Comment

Did somebody say skip the BEER?!

Comment

Working...
                                X