No announcement yet.

Lake Mead Tigeowners reunion November 11- Head Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEA week end would work great for us also. The only problem would be getting lodging in Overton. I know of a group from up north that goes that week end every year and take up to 20 rooms at the Best Western. The lake also may be a lot more crowded. Just some thoughts. We will try to make it whenever it happens.
    My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

If we can get Matt and TigeBoats of Nevada to commit to that date, Tall could make it official and we could start making resv.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Is that a threat? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by tige_matt View Post
          Is that a threat? ;-)
          Ya, if you don't come with lots of cool give-a-ways, We're not coming NOT
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Great to get a date and get reservations. That way we can run the MC crew from my area off or at least show them that our Tige' are just as good at a more affordable price. My friend that is in the group that goes that week end has agreed that my 24v is every bit as good as his as x-30. I think he had to after two summers ago his kids spent more time in my boat than his.
            My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

What do you mean "just as good as a MC"

Better

Comment

Just as good. Sorry I feel they are equal. I have a friend with a Malibu and one with a Mastercraft. All three are great boats. I like my Tige' better but they also have just as much fun with theirs, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three. The price is just better on the Tige' so more bang for the buck. They have better dealers in my area so that is a big plus for them. I may be headed for a Moki type trip to have some work done next spring for that reason. Anyway back to the thread lets get a date and if there are some other brands around maybe all could do a little comparison boating.

Comment

i'm in as well, get someont to set the date, sould be a blast!
                  Originally posted by G-MONEY
                  It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Is it safe to say that Oct 13th is it! that date works great for us.

Comment

Just got this off another website. Overton marina is closng on 12/31/2006. Might affect out plans

Marina Closes, Caused By Lake Mead Water Levels

OVERTON, NV - On Sunday, December 31st, the concession contract between the National Park Service and Overton Beach Marina will expire. Consequently, services provided by the marina will be discontinued due to lowering water levels on Lake Mead. Public Affairs Officer Roxanne Dey told TSN that Overton Beach's facilities will be moved to other locations on the lake starting next month. The changes will not, however, affect Lake Mohave.

"The reason that it won't affect Mohave is according to the river agreements and the Bureau of Reclamation, the way they can control the dams, Mohave can only fluctuate within a 15-foot window," Dey said. "You don't see the huge [water] fluctuations or dropping on Mohave that you do on Mead."

Dey adds that a one foot drop in the lake's elevation has a dramatic effect on the shoreline. Currently, Lake Mead is over 90-feet below its normal capacity.
                      "What people need to realize is for every vertical foot the lake drops, it could be up to 10 to 20 feet on the shoreline, depending on the area," Dey said. "At this time the lowering lake levels and the projections are only affecting Overton."

Should residents of Meadview worry about a similiar situation at Temple Bar Marina? Dey said, "Temple Bar is fine at the lake levels that are projected. Overton is the only area that is affected because of the topography, it's very narrow up there," on the northern section of the Virgin Basin.
                      Let it be!!!

Comment

We will just launch out of Echo Bay instead. Echo is just a ways south of Overton.

It's a shame that the NPS did not come to terms with the consessionaire at Overton. His plan as to combine Overton and Echo Bay into a new SOTA Marina with a new motel and restaurant. Now the NPS, (you & I), has to buy the Marina in Overton from the consessionaire fo many millions of dollars only to be split up between several of the remaining facilities...

Ah screw 'em. I'll just keep selling Tige's!! Who wants one?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tige_matt View Post
                          We will just launch out of Echo Bay instead. Echo is just a ways south of Overton.

It's a shame that the NPS did not come to terms with the consessionaire at Overton. His plan as to combine Overton and Echo Bay into a new SOTA Marina with a new motel and restaurant. Now the NPS, (you & I), has to buy the Marina in Overton from the consessionaire fo many millions of dollars only to be split up between several of the remaining facilities...
                          The only positive I can see from this is that the owner of Overton might make Echo as nice as Overton was.
                          "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

If that blizzard in Denver got any water into the Colorado River basin, we should be OK. Echo has a nice ramp, and would be a great place to go. I am going to call Matt now.
                            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                              If that blizzard in Denver got any water into the Colorado River basin, we should be OK. Echo has a nice ramp, and would be a great place to go. I am going to call Matt now.
                              My buddy that lives in Colorado said it hit the wrong side of the mountain for us to be expecting any more water in the lake next year. Either way, Echo's perfect for me because that's where my boat lives. When I pulled it out to get winterized they had signs up that they will be moving the marina even farther out right about now. When you all see where the hotel is compared to the marina you will be amazed at the lake level.
                              "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                              "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

I realize very few of the owners in this thread are still monitoring this site, but for those who are - My wife and I are the current coordinators of the West Coast Tige Owners Reunion. We have been posting "Throw Back Thursday" videos and pictures recently on our Facebook page, and I would like to post some of the pictures from this thread. If anyone would NOT like me to post their pictures, please send me a message this week. I will respect your wishes. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X