No announcement yet.

Covid Projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look good mike. need some pine smelling candles in them for that woodsey feel
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Replaced my bilge pump and cleaned the bilge as best I could. Noticed it was barley pumping out water last time we were out and man was it gummed up! Bought an 1100GPH Atwood pump off Amazon and it installed very easily. Did have to run a new drain hose though because the output on the new pump was a larger diameter. Had come spare ballast hose lying around thanks to chpthril

To clean the bilge I disconnected the auto drain bilge wire and added dish soap and water to the bilge. Towed the boat around tow a little and let it sit over night. Then pulled the drain and a ton of crap drained out. Then rinsed one more time to be safe ad now everything is open in the sun to dry out. Not only did it clean fairly well but now the bilge smells lemon fresh! hahah

B2.jpg

Comment

Also did a full trailer service here

Comment

I think we've talked about the rear corner seats on the RZX boats holding water. Such an annoyance. They hold water forever. This year I decided to try to help it. I made a template that I could use for drilling the seats and the seat base under the seat. The holes line up perfectly so in theory any water will run through the seat, through the seat base and end up in the storage locker.
          I also made some much larger washers to use for attaching the seat to the seat base. Originally Tige used fender washers that were literally the same diameter as the holes they drilled in the seat bases. So they pulled through and didn't really hold the seats in place. All better now. Just need to get out and see if the seats will still hold water. Hope not.

008.JPG009.JPG017.JPG
          Attached Files

Comment

Finished my walk through step to replace the corner cushion. I coated all of the plywood in the same marine paint I used on my sub boxes then carpeted and used some more of my old swim platform pad for the top and bottom. After using for the first time yesterday the top pad is definitely going to have to get replaced with EVA decking. It's fine when standing but I forgot how much it sucks when trying to kneel on. In this case it was fishing for some gear out of the rear locker.

Comment

After 10yrs on the shelf, my Duratrax truggy is back up and running. Motor was frozen. Carb was frozen. Throttle servo frozen. Fuel tank broken. Pulled apart the motor and got it spinning. Pulled a carb, servo and fuel tank out of another truggy. Found a brand new set of tires and rims I had stacked behind some other cars. Fired up on the first try. Zero dollars spent. Well, I did have to put a D battery in the igniter and bummed a bottle of nitro from a neighbor but otherwise, just a bunch of late nights at the RC bench. No I have another project: clean up RC bench.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Unstuck- Did the seat fix work?

Comment

Originally posted by Droconne View Post
                  Unstuck- Did the seat fix work?
                  We took the boat out yesterday for the first time. So far I'll say it worked GREAT! We had boaters that were not getting in the water yesterday so we were really trying to keep the inside of the boat dry for them. But it did get wet. Stepping on the seats now feels just like stepping on any other seat. You don't get the air (and water) pushing through the seams like before. I reached under the seat in the locker to feel the carpet above to see if it was wet. It wasn't. We probably didn't get it wet enough. I'll update this as we use the boat more, but so far I'm liking the modification.

Comment

One final project the day before our first outing, Thanks again to gumby for all your help. .NEW VINYL woohoo

Comment

Say them up close and personal f**king awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X