No announcement yet.

Covid Projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love all the killer projects guys. Looking awesome. SandM has a broken back now though. He was a good man. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
      platform looks killer...

we spent part of our covid cash on landscaping. 33 plants and 4 tons of redish rock. im sick of shoveling.
      lot didnt have a ton of privacy in the back but give it a year. street behind us is 25ft below a slope so we dont see the few cars daily but now we wont see the neighbors either
      rest is buying 2 phantom screen doors for our 2 patios.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
      Yard looks good! Every time the M-i-L comes back east, she talks about how much she misses grass
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
        Built a new swim platform yesterday:
        Wood is Mahogany
        [ATTACH]52253[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52254[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52255[/ATTACH]
        Hey, I recognize that pattern... Now you just need to build that step and start BBQ'ing...

Comment

Well, nightstand is completely finished and back in the house.

IMG_20200427_101715535.jpg

Last Sunday, as the day was winding down, I had one last project to do........retire my old American flag, and hoist a new one. For those that have never been part of a true flag retiring ceremony, its truly moving. I have done a number of the years with the Scouts. Mine was less formal of a ceremony, but we still respectfully on honorably, retired the flag.

Burning a flag is disrespectful, but if you burn the flag as pieces, you did not burn a flag as a whole. You start by separating blue field of stars. Then separate the red from white stripes. A section at a time, you lay it in the fire and burn it till its ashes, then add in the next section of material.

IMG_20200418_193547432.jpg
          IMG_20200418_194219000.jpg
          IMG_20200418_194627905_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That’s a neat piece of information, Mike. I did not know that. Thanks man. Well done.

So the night stand, looks like it is all hardwood? Man, they don’t grow trees like that anymore. Beautiful. Good on you for saving a good piece. A lot of people would have junked it. Gold star!
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I wonder what the vertical cubbies were designed to hold.
              Periodicals. No one was reading their tablet/phone/iPad in bed back then. The Saturday Evening Post was the shiznit back then.

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
                Built a new swim platform yesterday:
                Wood is Mahogany
                Nice! That one is on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by kjohnson709 View Post
                  I replaced all my rocker switch covers and the steering wheel. Found both on ebay. Would love to replace the actual bezels but I will probably tackle that next year. My next project is to do an axle service and brake job on the trailer. Getting ready to start this the coming weekend!

before
                  [ATTACH]52251[/ATTACH]

after
                  [ATTACH]52252[/ATTACH]
                  Looks like your Tach is related to mine! Can't figure out how to fix it so I use the perfect pass readout.

Comment

chp-
                    old scout here. only made it to star, never made eagle. we were taught WAY back in the day to burn whole. fold properly, place on fire, burn completely and then extinguish fire.
                    why the strips?
                    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

chp-
                      old scout here. only made it to star, never made eagle. we were taught WAY back in the day to burn whole. fold properly, place on fire, burn completely and then extinguish fire.
                      why the strips?
                      That is also an acceptable way to retire a flag. But whats cool about separating the sections of the flag and burning them that way, is you can have someone recite a bit about the meaning of each part of the flag, while its burning. Makes for a great ceremony v's just watching a folded flag burn.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                        That’s a neat piece of information, Mike. I did not know that. Thanks man. Well done.

So the night stand, looks like it is all hardwood? Man, they don’t grow trees like that anymore. Beautiful. Good on you for saving a good piece. A lot of people would have junked it. Gold star!
                        Yeah, seems to be hard wood. Solid piece, well built. I would not give it any antique value, simply sentimental to me. Hope to see it make it another generation.

Comment

I see. good learning for the troops... nice idea.
                          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Late start to the season this year. Pulled the boat out tonight, polish and sealant tomorrow.
                            E6F43D03-BB26-47AA-AA93-51D6FE1FD248.jpg

Comment

Covid-19 projects 412.1, .2 and .3

.1, cut down the dying tree
                              .2, cut into 8" logs to be split for the chmminia
                              .3 Wife says "hay, those would make nice candle holders for the deck, can you cut them flat to about 3" tall and make a 1.25" hole in the center?"

Comment

You are a man of many talents Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X