Covid Projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid Projects.

Bored? Me too. Kinda. Everyone I know is getting **** done. Garages are organized. Yards are manicured. Cars are clean. Everyone seems to be moving on to projects. I’ve been trying to keep busy using what I have on-site. I’ve got a stack of 2x12s that need a job. Cutting them into 6’ tall racks for fire sticks. I’m *** deep to a giraffe in old skis I’ll never ride. They are currently sitting on top of the real project, the K10. This set of racks will hold 12 slalom skis. I’ve got at least that much more in other vintage wake/snow gear up there. Not to mention the 9’10” Jacobs that needs a proper rack. What are you guys building?
    Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

any old Maharaja or Connelly Hook wooden skis buried in there ?

I have both entombed in plastic and hiding in the attic of my garage. I keep thinking i need to drag them out and display them some where, someday

Comment

No Connellys. There’s a couple Mahas in there, a Northland, a Taperflex, an EP Comp 1, a few HOs I think. Not sure what else.

Comment

- I reached out to Maharaja a few years back to see if he would be interested in sponsoring the West Coast Tige Owners Reunion. His response was perhaps the most polite, professional "no thank you" we have ever received. He ended up returning my call to explain that he doesnt sponsor anything anymore, and is pretty much just a one man shop doing custom skis on rare occasions at this point. Super nice gentleman.

Comment

^^^ EP is that same type of deal. You can get one but it will have to be made by the only guy who makes them.

Comment

Made a new rack in the shop this weekend for boards and wetsuits that I can reach from the boat so I don’t have to climb in and out. Need to grab a few more pieces of foam still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That guy is super cool.... Clear Lake, CA is our vacation home. His shop is there on the lake. He still makes all sorts of things, saw a wake surf board in there a few years back. Didn't look like it would work, not sure it was hollowed out. He made us a beautiful cutting board. He has made some bar tops, etc. Every time we are at the fuel station we peek and see if the shop is open. That place is full of old skis and templates.

Comment

Painted the inside area where my kidney shaped cooler was: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505...action_generic

I was going to say the same thing about the old ski's. Thought I saw one there.lol. And now to make you all jealous. These are all the ones I've collected over the years. Need a couple more but they've gotten quite expensive now. I also have an old O'Brien that I refinished a few years back that's got quite the pattern. I'll have to take a picture of it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PBTige View Post
                  That guy is super cool.... Clear Lake, CA is our vacation home. His shop is there on the lake. He still makes all sorts of things, saw a wake surf board in there a few years back. Didn't look like it would work, not sure it was hollowed out. He made us a beautiful cutting board. He has made some bar tops, etc. Every time we are at the fuel station we peek and see if the shop is open. That place is full of old skis and templates.
                  Which guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
                    Made a new rack in the shop this weekend for boards and wetsuits that I can reach from the boat so I don’t have to climb in and out. Need to grab a few more pieces of foam still.
                    Nice. I have all my day to day boat stuff on the wall next to the boat so that I can load or unload from the boat as well.
                    Last edited by NICKYPOO; 04-14-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

BC- That collection is on point. I know you posted that pic a while back but it’s still awesome.

Comment

Awesome set of skis
                        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Bob Maher...
                          https://maherajah.com/products/maha-wake-surf-board

Comment

With all the help from Gumby we were able to,
                            remove all my cushions for reupholstery,
                            re-plumed all the ballast,
                            cleaned up all the power in the transom
                            added breakers and fuse blocks,
                            rewired the entire audio system
                            installed 2 new WS amps, syn 6 and HT-6,
                            Ran new wires to the tower for new rev 8’a
                            completely cleaned and degreased the engine compartment
                            rewired all new speaker wire for the inboat speakers,
                            built new sub-box and installed new 12 inch sub with dual port,
                            polish light bar on the tower
                            added a new anchor light to the tower
                            put in new JL audio head unit transom/dash remote,
                            turned my old “ice chest” into a storage compartment using flex seal,
                            redid my carpeted “baseboard”
                            Hardwired my trailer connector
                            and a bunch of little odds and ends.
                            It’s been a fun few weekend’s handing Gumby all kinds of tools I don’t own. lol

Thank Gumby, couldn’t have done it with out you. Also thank you to mike at Mike liquid audio for information and parts.

2BB031E2-9929-40F0-A837-D2A6640596D5.jpg
                            Last edited by mwaite09; 04-15-2020, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Awe man, I know that hole well. Spent lots of time in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X