Covid Projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
    Awe man, I know that hole well. Spent lots of time in it.
    Yep that's not the most fun thing to crawl in and out of. Hard on the back for sure. I miss a few things on our old boat but the small locker is not one of those. I can almost sit straight up in the new one

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite09 View Post
      With all the help from Gumby we were able to,
      remove all my cushions for reupholstery,
      re-plumed all the ballast,
      cleaned up all the power in the transom
      added breakers and fuse blocks,
      rewired the entire audio system
      installed 2 new WS amps, syn 6 and HT-6,
      Ran new wires to the tower for new rev 8’a
      completely cleaned and degreased the engine compartment
      rewired all new speaker wire for the inboat speakers,
      built new sub-box and installed new 12 inch sub with dual port,
      polish light bar on the tower
      added a new anchor light to the tower
      put in new JL audio head unit transom/dash remote,
      turned my old “ice chest” into a storage compartment using flex seal,
      redid my carpeted “baseboard”
      Hardwired my trailer connector
      and a bunch of little odds and ends.
      It’s been a fun few weekend’s handing Gumby all kinds of tools I don’t own. lol

Thank Gumby, couldn’t have done it with out you. Also thank you to mike at Mike liquid audio for information and parts.

[ATTACH]52200[/ATTACH]
      What did you use for you "glove box" cover? Been dragging my feet on making a new cover for it and I like how that one looks.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
        Awe man, I know that hole well. Spent lots of time in it.
        I was thinking the same thing. spent a winter in my old 22ve in that same posture. my back hated me for a month and my gf hated me for 2 correcting every wrong tool I was handed
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

.lol. I'll play. This was just a couple months ago when I was working on my stereo project. Definitely need to make sure you have all the tools you need prior to crawling in.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite09 View Post
            With all the help from Gumby we were able to,
            remove all my cushions for reupholstery,
            re-plumed all the ballast,
            cleaned up all the power in the transom
            added breakers and fuse blocks,
            rewired the entire audio system
            installed 2 new WS amps, syn 6 and HT-6,
            Ran new wires to the tower for new rev 8’a
            completely cleaned and degreased the engine compartment
            rewired all new speaker wire for the inboat speakers,
            built new sub-box and installed new 12 inch sub with dual port,
            polish light bar on the tower
            added a new anchor light to the tower
            put in new JL audio head unit transom/dash remote,
            turned my old “ice chest” into a storage compartment using flex seal,
            redid my carpeted “baseboard”
            Hardwired my trailer connector
            and a bunch of little odds and ends.
            It’s been a fun few weekend’s handing Gumby all kinds of tools I don’t own. lol

Thank Gumby, couldn’t have done it with out you. Also thank you to mike at Mike liquid audio for information and parts.

[ATTACH]52200[/ATTACH]
            [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
              I was thinking the same thing. spent a winter in my old 22ve in that same posture. my back hated me for a month and my gf hated me for 2 correcting every wrong tool I was handed
              Ha! Word. I’ve put three head units and their various attachments in my boat. The last time was supposed to be the last. Ain’t gonna be. I was dumb enough to go Alpine. Put in the Alpine remote of death and now I have to control the stereo from my phone on an aux jack. It sucks. Now I can’t find a good combination of single din BT HU w/ 4v pre-outs with a 4” round remote with a knob. It just doesn’t exist.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

and the next one won't be the last either when you find that unicorn so I'd buy 2

long story but we ordered a new hu for our '99 f250 3 months ago. old pioneer stereo was shot. bought the cheapest kenwood deck online I could find as all I need is a little background noise. made sure it had bt and usb inputs for thumb drives. $55 delivered. it showed up and when I took it out of the box it's single din but only 4 inches deep. then the lightbulb went off. no cd player. granted we don't own a single cd anymore but weird to buy a deck that won't play them. just assumed every deck still does. times have changed.......
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I've been trying to steer people into the Wet Sounds 420 BT when the HU gives up. Most folks are just using their phone so why even need a display. Plus in most cases it gains some zone control they didn't have before.

And yeah, I know the argument....it's 3 to 4 times as much as a cheap head units. It will last 3 to 4 times longer than the cheap HUs. I haven't replace one yet. Maybe Mike has??

Comment

I replaced our old boats HU and remote with a Kicker Media Center. It worked very well and made a little tray for the old HU hole to have a little more space in the glove box. Only real PIA was all the wires had to be transferred under the floor to the other side of the boat. Our new one has a Fusion HU with a transom remote. But I also picked up a wireless remote for the observer seat that works very well to give you a few options if you don't want to go back with another Alpine. I believe the Fusions will fit in a standard single din cut out.

IMG_6095.jpg

Comment

I went clarion to use the existing 4 inch round - no knob though. I eventually added at 420sq because I wanted quick tactile zone control. But beyond that, I wanted volume control floating in the water , which the WS 420 cannot do. At the end of the day I’m out about 200 bucks extra to have remotes everywhere and visible song data on the remote from my phone so I don’t have to unlock it with wet hands and stuff.

It’s over kill, but it didn’t leave me wanting and the Bluetooth on the clarion m508 is rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gumby certainly cleaned up that mess for me, he thinks in different terms than me, i.e. he thinks it through and I just want it done. ha. I think I'm the 3rd or 4th owner and no one wanted do do it the right way, just kept adding to the rats nest. Clean and orderly now that's for sure, I felt guilty I couldn't get in there with him but he needed me on the outside to hand him tools. I do remember him saying about 30 times "WhyTF"" did they do that". Now everything is in its place and done the way it should have been done, I love it. I went with the JL MM50 and 2 MMR-20-BE remotes to use in the existing holes. I only need 2 zones so it worked out perfectly.

cltTige- I'm using the lid that came with the boat, I think it's powder coated aluminum and bought some new friction hinges. I didn't want to add that spring or shock

60825280648__90903E8C-8C9F-4C20-BAE9-5F5405A0EACE.JPG60825282036__BA3B1773-A573-45D5-A289-8BBE46C0600B.JPGIMG_8389.jpgIMG_8391.jpg
                        Last edited by mwaite09; 04-16-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                          Painted the inside area where my kidney shaped cooler was: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505...action_generic

I was going to say the same thing about the old ski's. Thought I saw one there.lol. And now to make you all jealous. These are all the ones I've collected over the years. Need a couple more but they've gotten quite expensive now. I also have an old O'Brien that I refinished a few years back that's got quite the pattern. I'll have to take a picture of it.
                          Amazing collection. Have you ever skied any of them? Or is that not cool to do with those collectibles? What is a value range to look for?
                          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

mwaite- interested to see how you like that jl unit. it's in our current boat from the prior owner and it's been a real POS. have to reboot it a few times each outing and doesn't seem to like using thumbdrives.
                            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Check.
                              Attached Files
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

^^ I think I have those old K2 skis at my parents house.lol.

TeamAllen. I haven't skied any of them. That being said I've never been much of a skier to begin with either however. Most of the ski I picked up for under $ 200.00 each. Now, I see them upwards of $400-500.

Comment

Working...
                                X