• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
    Check.
    Looks good!

Comment

Great work on the ski rack NICKY

I found a Connelly Hook on eBay. The seller excepted my offer of $135. It's 69". Looks like it's in good shape. I usually ski 67".
      I'll give it a go.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Con...torefresh=true

i found a 63" on CL in Paso Robles if anyone is interested. It has a bag and gloves.
      https://slo.craigslist.org/spo/d/pas...092434238.html
      Last edited by TeamAllen; 04-21-2020, 05:01 PM.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Great stuff you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby
          When not working on mwaite09, My boat is getting a new dash plastics made from HDPE. They are at the hydro dip place now hope to get them back soon. Also striped most of my stickers, rebuilt rudder port, dripless packing, fiberglassed in my blower port for relocation I almost forgot my shout out!!! Sonic the man with all the tools. thanks for the help.
          [ATTACH]52225[/ATTACH][ATTACH]52226[/ATTACH]
          Looks like it went in without too much trouble. Excited to see it dipped

Comment

My busy season is pretty well in the crapper, so been working on a lot of yard and house projects. had a leaking roof over winter that was right where there was a change in roof pitch and a section of siding. Tore off some shingles and cut out a 40x40 section of roof plywood, removed the siding, soffit and insulation. Put in a new piece of roof ply, new shingles, siding, and rebuilt the soffit. Now just down to painting the siding and trim.

Now on to the fun projects. Installing a stereo on the grill. Using an old Jensen media and fusion BT. Ive got some old 6.5" pods and some RE Audio speakers that will mount on swivel poles at the corners of the deck. In the eaves above the deck, I already have a pair of outdoor box speakers that are wired to my receiver inside and on an AB switch. Gonna rewire them to the Jenson.

IMG_20200422_094041394_HDR.jpg
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Dang Mike, getting after it!! What are you using for a converter on the grill setup??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                Dang Mike, getting after it!! What are you using for a converter on the grill setup??
                I used to have a 110 AC to 12V DC plug-in in the outbuilding at home that I powered an old car stereo I had in the in there, that I hope I did not toss when i tossed that old car receiver last year. If its gone, I have a 19V DC x 4.7A laptop power supply I cna use, but need to order a 24V DC > to 12V DC to make me a little more comfortable.

Im going to mount a double gang outside box and install a switch and GFI receptacle in the corner of the deck by the grill.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Nice, Mike. Bummer on the roof but at least you’re moving on.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

She's installed and functional. Running off an extension cord for now, till I HAVE TO go to the hardware store, then ill pick up what I need to run the AC side of it and mount the receptacle box. I will also be able to plug my rotisserie motor in, since the box will be right behind the grill, in the corner of the deck.

Rewired the exiting eave mounted box speakers to the new head, and have decided to just run them. Not sure I want the visual of the tower pods as I look out from the deck.

IMG_20200422_172932493_HDR.jpg

Comment

Heres another project we are doing, refinishing an old night stand.

This night stand was in my mom's childhood bedroom. It stayed in that room until about 20 years ago when we divided up the grandparent's estate and cleaned out the house. Yes, same house my mom grew up in, from about the age of 4. We got the night stand along with a bunch of other stuff. it was then in our sons room till he moved out when 18. Then has sat pretty much unused since. it has blue, and was was blue for as long as I have a memory.

After stripping the blue, it looks to have been stained dark originally. its been sanded, fresh stain and I started the polly coats today. It has a small drawer that will be painted a dark redish brown, that matches some other furniture we have recently redone. New drawer pull will also match the other furniture.

IMG_20200421_125751677.jpg

Comment

came out nice mike... finish looks good.
                        interesting design. since it's so old, I wonder what the vertical cubbies were designed to hold. lp's? not sure on the width but looks like it would make a killer component stand as it sits now if wide enough.
                        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
                          came out nice mike... finish looks good.
                          interesting design. since it's so old, I wonder what the vertical cubbies were designed to hold. lp's? not sure on the width but looks like it would make a killer component stand as it sits now if wide enough.
                          LP's is a very logical.

Comment

I replaced all my rocker switch covers and the steering wheel. Found both on ebay. Would love to replace the actual bezels but I will probably tackle that next year. My next project is to do an axle service and brake job on the trailer. Getting ready to start this the coming weekend!

before
                            IMG_0133.jpg

after
                            IMG_0145.jpg

Comment

Built a new swim platform yesterday:
                              Wood is Mahogany
                              platform6.jpg

platform10.jpg

platform12.jpg
                              Last edited by SONIC; 04-23-2020, 04:45 PM.

Comment

platform looks killer...

we spent part of our covid cash on landscaping. 33 plants and 4 tons of redish rock. im sick of shoveling.
                                lot didnt have a ton of privacy in the back but give it a year. street behind us is 25ft below a slope so we dont see the few cars daily but now we wont see the neighbors either
                                rest is buying 2 phantom screen doors for our 2 patios.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                                X