Tige Touch Screen - On/Off Button Install Phase 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimsRZR View Post
    Simple $15 button install is a must have: Purchase any maintained button with a normally open contact, pictured is an Allen Bradley 800FP-FA2. This method is very simple and just parallels the keyswitch's accessories. On the back of the keyswitch are 4 wiring posts. All we need is the post with one red wire (+12 V) and the post with two red wires (Accessories). Attach another 14awg wire to each of the two posts listed (using a ring terminal is easiest). The wire attached to +12 V goes to one side of your new buttons normally open contact and the Accessories wire goes to the other side. This button will now just bypass your keyswitch and keep your TT on while the keyswitch is in the off position. This fixes many things on my 2013 RZR: TT now keeps ballast setting, lights stay on, ballast pumps stay on, and speedset stays. Just to mention a few. I did NOT use the #20 pin on the Viper. This is very simple, and can not damage anything, since the button is doing the same thing that the keyswitch does.

[ATTACH]35505[/ATTACH]
    Would my Switch from Ebay be okay for this? I see it's rated only for 3A and has five pins. The outer two are for the LED the inner three seem to be N1, N2, C1? Common or ground for the switch? Wondering how I can wire like you have "AND" have the LED switch light work. Are people piggy backing the LED power from another interrior light for night time boating? Or using the light as an ON/OFF indicator.
    2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
    Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

I brought my boat out of storage this weekend and started on a few of the planned upgrades. First off was the magic button install. The blue button on the right is latching and is for the touch, and the red button on the left is momentary and is a replacement for the atrocious factory horn button.

2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

I see everybody talking on this thread , but can anybody tell me exactly what this button does ? Does it cure the issues from going to accessory to start , so all the ballast timings get reset etc. ?

Comment

Finished up my switch yesterday and it works amazing! I used the piggy back method from an earlier post. Simply hooked three wires from the switch to Ground, Single Red Wire on Ignition, Double Red wires on ignition.
          Basically using this switch puts it in accessory mode. No key nessessary!
          Also attached are a couple pics of my Iphone holder. Now I can jam music, charge it, use GPS maps, and it's avaliable for txting right at my finger tips!
          Tige Switches.jpgIphone holder.jpgIphone setup.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vicseek; 04-28-2014, 12:15 AM.
          2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
          Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

Tulsa,

Where did you move your line in to? I have my latching button where your horn button is. I still haven't permanently relocated my horn button.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonB View Post
              Tulsa,

Where did you move your line in to? I have my latching button where your horn button is. I still haven't permanently relocated my horn button.
              I never use the line-in feature - I always connect my iPhone through USB and search the playlists and tracks through the remote or touch. That said, I could not free up the line-in cable all the way back to the head unit in order to remove it through the front of the dash. Instead, I chose the easy (and still reversible) route of simply cutting it off. I have a 420BT on order that will provide an aux input should I ever need it.

-Tulsah

Comment

tim05-1.jpgHey Guys ,

This is how I fixed the problem with the Tige touch from rebooting every time I turned the engine off while filling ballast. it's the same principal as the button. The timer relay holds accessories power on long enough so I can switch the ignition key switch from ON to OFF to ACCessories to shutdown engine without dropping power to the Tige touch.
                http://www.redarc.com.au/products/pr...ction-timer_a/[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I have not checked my PM's lately. Refer to pictures 5,6,7,8 of the original switch installation instructions and follow this diagram.
                I recommend using heavier gage wire to eliminate voltage drop .You can use any 12V delay off timer and any 12V N/O Relay. I set my timer for 7 seconds about (long enough to cycle through to key).

Its designed to hold power on to the Accessories circuit (Tige Touch) long enough for you to change the key from Accessories position, past the Off position, to the On position and the Start position so the Tige Touch does not reboot while starting and stopping the engine. You can turn the key off and not forget about the magic button resulting in flat batteries.
                I mounted the relays out of the way to the left of the black medallion fuse box.
                I Hope this helps
                Last edited by barrt1; 05-16-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                  Bluetooth? I don't know if they relate, but after putting in my "Magic Button" kit - purchased through dealer, so it is the factory set up, the Blutooth button no longer "lights up" on my TT display and will not function. Has anyone else experianced this after adding the kit or is this completly unrelated? Either way, it will be added to the punch list for the dealer to review over the winter.
                  Hey Dandy , I have the same issue the Bluetooth indicator is no longer orange , it's a blueish white colour , were u able to figure it out , this happened right after the dealer installed the button

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our dealer did a software upgrade thinking it may have fixed some issues. So far (on the trailer, boat will hopefully see water tomorrow) it has not lit up orange. We hadn't really used BT anyway but it would be nice to have as an option. No sure if the button has anything to do with this as I (an I assume you as it was dealer installed) installed the factory switch kit. Just one more thing that doesn't seem to have a solution.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                      Our dealer did a software upgrade thinking it may have fixed some issues. So far (on the trailer, boat will hopefully see water tomorrow) it has not lit up orange. We hadn't really used BT anyway but it would be nice to have as an option. No sure if the button has anything to do with this as I (an I assume you as it was dealer installed) installed the factory switch kit. Just one more thing that doesn't seem to have a solution.

Wierd , boat was at my dealer for numerous fix's (mostly cosmetic almost 2 months it sat there ) and now this. Jeesh I hate going back, this kinda crap drives me nuts !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Z1Fan View Post
                        Hey Dandy , I have the same issue the Bluetooth indicator is no longer orange , it's a blueish white colour , were u able to figure it out , this happened right after the dealer installed the button

If I remember right, my Bluetooth switch was orange until I paired my iPhone with the touch. Mine appears blue all the time now as I always have the paired phone with me in the boat. This may not be the case, but it made sense to me ...

-Tulsah

Comment

Well here's a stupid thing , I go back to my boat and turn it on and now it works , must be start of season gremlins !! Lol

Comment

Our BT has been on again off again.

"I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I did my magic button using the switch from ebay as originally posted by wicked. I'll detail how it works as it has 6 leads on it.

The top and bottom pegs are for the LED. You can run straight 12v to it and test. Should light up blue.

The outer two pegs on the left and right are the 'active high' switch. This means that it completes a circuit when the button is pressed in.

The inner two pegs are active low. This means that it completes the circuit when the button is popped out.

For my preference I want the LED to illuminate when the TT is on so I used the outer pegs. Wire as follows:

Blue wire goes to +12V
                              Orange wire to ground
                              Yellow wire goes to both pegs and to the red pair of wires off the ignition switch. The yellow wire should be 'parallel' to the TT activation circuit. This method puts the switch in line, then the LED and TT. This means the light only comes on once the switch is activated.

After I wired it up I put some heatshrink on it.

I put it over on the side to keep it away from my son's grabby hands. I'm certain a bright blue button will be enticing for him. Installing it here was painful though. Very hard to tighten the nut on the back.

Sent from my Passport
                              Last edited by JohnnieMo; 01-26-2015, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Just did this upgrade went with a 3 pole switch from parts store!

Comment

Working...
                                X