Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mission Boat Gear Delta - Universal Surf Gate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got on the cold water today. Tested the mission style tab and my other surf tab.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It showed potential but popped off 4 times. So either it's too big of a plate or too slick of wax. It did affect steering a touch.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This one showed good potential as well. Need to adjust it a bit so it will adjust down further and need to add an angled outlet plate to it.

I was down about ~2-300lbs on people weight compared to normal, so that didn't help either one. Tried to make up a little difference with the 5 gal water bags.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ICEMAN,
        In about two weeks I am going to start making mine. Was it an improvement over just weight? And what boat do you have?
        Thanks,
        Paul Middlemore

Comment

Nice! Looks like you had a lot better results than I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Middlemore View Post
            ICEMAN,
            In about two weeks I am going to start making mine. Was it an improvement over just weight? And what boat do you have?
            Thanks,
            I have a 2013 Moomba LSV. I always have had to list it heavily to one side to get a great wake, being I didn't have tabs, tell I installed the manual flow this winter. But this little $30 part I built with enough materials to build 3 more, has made it where I can load bags evenly and no fill like we're gonna tip over. This shot was with about 600# in each rear locker, one passenger and 600 bow weight. I have since improved the gate and plan on testing here soon, and will weigh down even more.

Honestly this is the best thing since sliced bread right now. It works flawlessly and makes such a clean wake with no wash, especially goofy side where I surf, I could never go without it now. Just make sure you clay bar the area you're gonna put it, so it don't have the potential to slide off.

Comment

Goofy side at 600# locker weight. Moomba

My girl surfing with about 400# in lockers. She don't like the 5' wave. [emoji3] Moomba

Buddies 06 centurion with 600# locker weight.

Comment

Looks great. After I built mine I saw that someone had built one using those shelf brackets. I just happen to have 4 of those exact same brackets laying around so I'll build one for comparison.

What are the dimensions of your plate and how thick is the starboard?

Comment

Originally posted by jbgp1200 View Post
                  Looks great. After I built mine I saw that someone had built one using those shelf brackets. I just happen to have 4 of those exact same brackets laying around so I'll build one for comparison.

What are the dimensions of your plate and how thick is the starboard?

The one used in those pics were 1" thick 7 tapering to 6 at top by 9 tall. My new one hasn't been tested yet. It's 1/2 and little bigger.

Comment

What is this "starboard" and where do you find it? What do you mean by clay bar the area where you will mount it?

Thanks.

Comment

Mission Boat Gear Delta - Universal Surf Gate!

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                      What is this "starboard" and where do you find it? What do you mean by clay bar the area where you will mount it?

Thanks.
                      Starboard is a brand. It is still hdpe plastic. Clay bar is a piece of clay that you rub on boat to remove wax and residue. You can buy in automotive detailing. You just make sure boat is wet and rub clay bar in the general area for suction and it will strip and clean area making the best possible connection.

* mean't seaboard, not starboard. Can buy on Amazon

Last edited by ICEMANFTR; 05-23-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Great results, nice job.

Comment

Made me a DIY one to play with while I wait on the Mission Boat Gear one to ship.

Won't be able to test until the weekend.

13275190_10209037258949496_1683025633_o.jpg

Comment

Be ready to cancel your order.

Comment

Cautiously optimistic. I'm still going to get the Mission Boat Gear one to compare.

My DIY version is surprisingly heavy, and I'm wondering what the chances are of water pushing up the release switch, since the front one points towards the water pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate View Post
                                Cautiously optimistic. I'm still going to get the Mission Boat Gear one to compare.

My DIY version is surprisingly heavy, and I'm wondering what the chances are of water pushing up the release switch, since the front one points towards the water pressure.
                                It won't. Many members have done the elephant style and never once reported it releasing lever.

Comment

Working...
                                X