Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mission Boat Gear Delta - Universal Surf Gate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Boat Gear Delta - Universal Surf Gate!

Finally a reasonably priced, universal surf system that doesn't require you to modify your boat!!!

Got mine pre-ordered!!!

http://www.missionboatgear.com/colle...wakesurf-panel

Attaches with suction cups...

I have had my eye on this for a while now. Interesting to see what the rest of the product looks like. Very surprised by the small size and what impact it seems to have on the wake.

Not sure I'm ready to bite the bullet and order one but after I see some unbiased reviews I am sure I will.

Comment

$500 is reasonable??? Its the same price as the Ronix unit.

Comment

Just ordered one of these. http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-HOD-DO.../dp/B001PBQ9K8

I have some scrap marine lumber in the garage. I think I can make something similar, (Not as refined of course) for about $9.

Comment

That's pretty interesting and simple looking. Think I'm with jbgp though and I'll try to make one vs $500.

Comment

Ordered me a handle as well

That will give me 2 designs to try out

Comment

Handle came in. Ready to try it out see what it does on this hull shape. Probably not perfect but should work for a 1st try.

IMG_5276.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

Comment

Love that. It's so simple. You may have just put Mission out of business.

Comment

Oh I'm sure there's has better flow characteristics to it and is a sleeker design but to see if it even works on my hull I couldn't justify $500. What works on a Vdrive doesn't always work on a DD very well. I did stuff the handle with foam and added a bit more foam to make it float.

Comment

Almost exactly what I was thinking. I like what you did though. I was thinking of making a base with a notch for the handle so I can spread the supports out wide enough to make it easy to get my hand in to release the lever.

I also noticed that the Delta seems to have a really small form factor. Much smaller then a factory wake plate. I am wondering if a larger surface is better or not.

Comment

Their site says its 7x9 so I went a touch larger. The suction cups seem to really hold on well. I did pull the front suction cup apart and ran screws through the suction cup base plate into the supports. Hopefully get out this weekend see what it will do, if I can finish up getting it all cleaned up.

Comment

Are you going to put a rope or something on that thing in case the suction cups come loose? Water at 10 mph has a force of 300 lb/sq foot and the suction cups you are using are rated at 200 lbs.

Comment

I saw on their videos they do tie it on. For the initial run I'm not going to tie it on. If it pops off and is tied on I think it could hit the hull so I made sure it would float, and will just circle back around to pick it up.

Comment

I can not imagine that the suction cups hes using are providing that much extra holding power if not the same. My guess is that this is why the face of it is so small. Too big and the force of the water will detach it.

Comment

Could be the reason for the holes cut in to the plate. Provide a little by-pass but still interrupt the flow enough to create the divergence in the wave.

Comment

Working...
                              X