This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vr6wannabe View Post
    hey I have a 2001 Tige 21i and im not getting any water running through the motor. the motor is a 350 mag mercruiser. I check t-stat, acutally opened it to make sure it wasnt stuck shut. didnt fix the problem.. my next guess is that the impellor is burnt up/broke in the fresh water pick up.. any tips on replacing this or what part number it is?
    Use the "Search" button up top. I know there are couple of threads with the Merc engine and impeller info you need. tigeowner.com member TRD has also posted pics of his Merc impeller housing and part numbers. It's probably time for a new setup, especially if it's the old plastic housing. They tend to get hot and then score and get out of round.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

A new one I just learned this weekend involving the impeller... After you take the plate off of the water pump to check the impeller, take the impeller out, even if it appears to be completely intact. Once out, double check to make sure that the rubber part of the impeller doesn't spin on the brass "spline." I had mine do it this weekend, at low speeds, no problem but under load the impeller was slipping around the water pump drive shaft. Sooo lesson learned for me was make sure to have tons of the proper type of lube when you put it together, and possibly lube it up every season whilst de-winterizing.

Comment

If I was going to take out an impeller I would go ahead and just change it with a new one instead of putting the old one back.

Comment

Marine Power engines with Jabsco raw water pump have the Jabsco impeller number 18777-0001.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
            Does anyone know what kind of impeller that Marine Power engines use? Is it the same as what Mercruisers use? I have the Marine Power HT 360HP engine.

Also does anyone have an idea on where the impeller housing is located? I am taking my boat on a small vacation and wanted to be prepared in case anything happens.

Thanks
            I am very interested in this message and I would like to do some research about this topic, I also learned some information about mechanical here:http://www.tsfbrake.com/

Comment

thanks for sharing this thread. the Alco Spares is the most important spare part in marine power supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by indogerman77 View Post
                thanks for sharing this thread. the Alco Spares is the most important spare part in marine power supplier.
                So spammer, what you are saying is the Alco Locomotive spares are the most important spare part in the marine power supply? What kind of stuff are you smoking?
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nice information sharing and its very useful tips indogerman industries prvide locomotive rebuild and honey chrome process

Comment

Tell me more about this Honey Chrome Process. Sounds delicious. Does it come with a side of creme fraiche?
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

I like it on a home made biscuit myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X