Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the picture from the post of the impeller change I wrote earlier.

Comment

Wow, thanks guys. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Hi Lee, Can you please tell me what impeller & assembly I need for an 04 5.7L Vortec 335 HP?

If you could also help me understand where it is, that would be great!!

Many Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
          Hi Lee, Can you please tell me what impeller & assembly I need for an 04 5.7L Vortec 335 HP?

If you could also help me understand where it is, that would be great!!

Many Thanks!
          Look at post 2 and 5 of this thread.

Comment

Interesting that so many engines seem to use the same impeller!

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
              Interesting that so many engines seem to use the same impeller!

Thanks again!
              Well, we wouldn't want to confuse lee now, would we?
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

It is only one engine, Marine Power.

Comment

I pulled the impeller out of my '07 20v today and it was super easy. Removal of four screws for the housing cover and then I used the 2-screwdriver pry method and it came right out.

Comment

Here is the Jabsco crossover for the Johnson 09-812b.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT He sells them for $24 plus shipping, but he will accept offers. I offered him $24 delivered and he accepted it.

Comment

Same question, older boat.

Any chance on knowing the impeller part number for a GM 307?
                      Any suggestions on who to buy one from? (No marine dealers within 100 miles of us.) We just bought the boat and want to get a spare. Thanks!

Comment

Can you post a picture of the impeller housing?

Comment

Lee, I found your information in the technical overview section and since it looks just like the housing you have pictures of there I assume it is the 812 part. Thanks so much for all you do on this site! It is appreciated!

Comment

If you are in doubt pull the impeller plate on the pump to get the pump info and use google to determine your replacement part number. I have a 2004 24v with the Marine Power 6.0L. My pump is a jabsco 50410

http://www.jabsco.com/files/50410_fip_bro_flange.pdf

and my impeller from discount inboard marine is 29 bucks

http://www.skidim.com/searchprods.asp

I pulled the plate to make sure I was buying the right one. Not all Marine Power pumps are johnson, it can be either a johnson or jabsco

Comment

Pulled the impeller today as part of our winter storage. It is the Johnson 812 B1 impeller in the 307 Marine Power engine. Hoping that pulling it and putting it in a bag with some grease will help to keep it flexible. I'm thinking the heat and cold and sitting for months on end are what really kills the rubber. We're buying a new one in spring and just plan on carrying this old one for a spare. I hate this time of the year... no more liquid water and no frozen water......sigh.

Comment

hey I have a 2001 Tige 21i and im not getting any water running through the motor. the motor is a 350 mag mercruiser. I check t-stat, acutally opened it to make sure it wasnt stuck shut. didnt fix the problem.. my next guess is that the impellor is burnt up/broke in the fresh water pick up.. any tips on replacing this or what part number it is?

Comment

Working...
                                X