This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyodoc1 View Post
    Admins, feel free to move/delete not trying to HiJack.

Found my plastic housing cracked by finding a boatload of water My guess is that a piece of impeller that I missed when I replaced the last one jammed in and caused to much pressure.

Found a replacement Stainless Steel housing, http://www.hardin-marine.com/detail~ID~2335.aspx

I have not seen anyone talk about them as I read the forums, wonder if anyone has ever tried one? I have one on order, Ill let you know how it does.

I'm guessing you have a Merc engine in your 01. Those plastic housing should be replaced at some point through the life of the boat and need a close inspection if the impeller is ever really fried bad. The Marine Power engine discussed in this thread use a metal housing. They are more durable, but still need a close look for scoring and grooves.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Any tips on getting the pump out? I have it off of the bracket and now I'm stumped. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeTrojan View Post
        Any tips on getting the pump out? I have it off of the bracket and now I'm stumped. Thanks.
        Probably have to pull the pulley.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Man I love this place. Thanks chpthril for the quick response. I put it away for the day, but if everything goes smoothly tomorrow I'll post up a little how to of my own for the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeTrojan View Post
            Spray some WD40 in it then pry it out with two screwdrivers.

Comment

Thanks, I got it out yesterday and it looks like the seal is bad. I'll post up a new thread because I have a few more questions about the pump.

Comment

After unsuccessfully pulling at it with needle-nosed pliers, I finally unbolted the pump-bracket from the motor which allowed me to spin the housing around the impeller, which loosened it enough whereby the impeller just slid right out. A little dish soap helped too!

Comment

Takes me 5 minutes to change my inboard impeller. neener neener.
                  So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Just purchased a couple of backups and shopped around for a little while. Found the lowest price at boatersland.com $26.99. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is looking.

http://www.boatersland.com/jpi09812b1.html

Comment

Ready to put the new one in. It didnt come with any lubricant. What do I need and where do I put it?
                      -Thanks
                      Farmer John
                      2006 24Ve

Comment

Originally posted by farmerjd View Post
                        Ready to put the new one in. It didnt come with any lubricant. What do I need and where do I put it?
                        -Thanks
                        Liquid soap or shampoo.

Comment

Ok I'm a little confused on what impeller to buy, from reading this it sounds like I need the Jabsco impeller but then whenever I go to an online store they are all telling me to buy the Johnson Pump Impeller #09-812B, I have a 2007 RZ2 with the Marine Power 5.7 engine, can someone confirm which is the right one? Also this may be a really dumb question but is the impeller on the back of the engine in the rear of the boat above the steering cable or the front of the engine closer to the seating area, total newbie here but I'm not going to pay $200 for my local shop to do this!!

Comment

2007 should be the Johnson pump. Only way to be 100% sure is to take the plate off and see what brand you have.

Comment

https://marineenginedepot.com/johnso...-812b-impeller

I reached out to MP, great guys willing to help.literally ANY question you have. They told me, for my 08 340hp MP, it was a Johnson. I emailed them and told them the engine, which brand boat it was in and the serial number and they were able to help me.put a list of part together for my engine.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                                2007 should be the Johnson pump. Only way to be 100% sure is to take the plate off and see what brand you have.
                                Perfect thanks Lee!

Comment

Working...
                                X