This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01 21 V
    I need to check but does it have the drain tubes. I put stuff in what I thought was dry storage and it gets wet all the time. So I will be in search of these tubes.

Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I did this to my ride last season. It keeps things dry, and with no carpet in bow storage, I don't worry about mildew. I think so far this has been the most time saving upgrade/modification I have done yet.

Thanks for taking the time to do the documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        On 1 side, the hole was right in the corner of the bow storage bulkhead. The other side was about 1.5" toward the gunwale. Both where about 1" holes. Press your fingers along the carpet and you should feel the carpet give way when you hit the hole.

If I had known the drain holes were there, I would have filled them in long ago. I would rather have standing water in the bow, that I have to shop-vac out, then have water running into the storage console where we put all our stuff that we want to keep dry.
        Mike - Why couldn't you drill a hole straight down? I'm assuming there is space under the front storage and that it would drain back to the bildge? I need to do something to move the water up there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yadatbeme View Post
          Mike - Why couldn't you drill a hole straight down? I'm assuming there is space under the front storage and that it would drain back to the bildge? I need to do something to move the water up there as well.
          Its not open space on the Ve, it the core.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

STEP 4: With the hose and passthru cut and testfit, cut glovebox drain hose and install tee. Next I applied a bead of sealer around the end of the brass passthru and slid it thru the hole a little further than needed AllPetsExpert
, about 1/4in. I then applied another bead of sealer and pulled it back flush with carpet to form a seal/bond.

Comment

Working...
            X