X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't sure it would stretch.

I guess it is kind of like delivering a baby

Thanks for the writeup. It has inspired me.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

With some muscle and a lot of heat and some spit on the brass fitting, I was able to get that thing on. It wasn't easy for a skinny guy like me to get it done.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Update

Well..............the bow-drains really did not solve the problem.

I've had my bow sac filled since last Tuesday and one of the caps was not real tight so I have had a slow leak that I found this Sunday when I noticed standing water in the Port storage console

I have come to the conclusion that any water standing in the bow storage is wicking through the bulkhead between the console and the bow area by way of the carpet

So, I am planning on pulling out the carpet and Rhino Lining the bow area and sealing the bulkhead.

I'll keep everyone up to date when I start this project
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Does it smell like cat urine? he he he

I haven't done anything with that area yet but thought what you did was a great solution. Sorry to hear that it didn't work as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
            Does it smell like cat urine? he he he

I haven't done anything with that area yet but thought what you did was a great solution. Sorry to hear that it didn't work as expected.
            The walkway carpet did (when wet) when it was new but has slowly gone away

I think the drains will work great after the Rhino Lining because the water will have no where to go but out the drains.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Well..............the bow-drains really did not solve the problem.

I've had my bow sac filled since last Tuesday and one of the caps was not real tight so I have had a slow leak that I found this Sunday when I noticed standing water in the Port storage console

I have come to the conclusion that any water standing in the bow storage is wicking through the bulkhead between the console and the bow area by way of the carpet

So, I am planning on pulling out the carpet and Rhino Lining the bow area and sealing the bulkhead.

I'll keep everyone up to date when I start this project
              Well, now you can just install a bilge pump instead of a drain.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                Does it taste like cat urine?
                How would he knows what is taste like? You are the only one that knows that
                Everything happens for a reason
                I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                  How would he knows what is taste like? You are the only one that knows that
                  Dude, not cool to change the quote and not funny.

Comment

i made tige replace fittings on my bow sac to the quick release, they were leaking from day one, i pull all my bags out every week because im finding that the rubber with a little water is making the bags sweat which keeps the carpet wet underneath

Comment

Even with out leaking valves, I worry about the carpet staying wet under the sacs and causing rot , mold, mildew and odor. So it will be coming out

Comment

thats why with the fly high quick connect you can pull the sacs out at the end of the weekend and leave the front cushions open. mine are finally dried out, untill the new rookie dips the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by bentone View Post
                          thats why with the fly high quick connect you can pull the sacs out at the end of the weekend and leave the front cushions open. mine are finally dried out, untill the new rookie dips the bow.
                          I've got the quick connects but that is still a pain in the @$$ to pull the bags out after every trip out when we are riding Fri, Sat, Sun and 1 or 2 days during the week.

Comment

i hear ya, they just need to design a hard tank that fills up the whole bow under the seat, we fill everytime were out

Comment

I have the built in ballast tanks (fiberglass covered with carpet) and they don't seem to leak, but I still get water in the bow compartments, and it seems it happens even if the nose isn't dipped, so I really don't know where that comes from. Obviously it is worse if the nose gets dipped, but won't your hose system still allow most of the water to flow out?

Comment

Originally posted by tlarkin View Post
                                I have the built in ballast tanks (fiberglass covered with carpet) and they don't seem to leak, but I still get water in the bow compartments, and it seems it happens even if the nose isn't dipped, so I really don't know where that comes from. Obviously it is worse if the nose gets dipped, but won't your hose system still allow most of the water to flow out?

No more standing water but the carpet stays wet

Carpet is coming out next week and "rhino line" going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X