X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    No more standing water but the carpet stays wet

Carpet is coming out next week and "rhino line" going on.
    Thats a good idea, that rhina stuff would be great in the compartments.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Well, the bow storage is done. No more wet carpet to mildew and stink

2 - 2.5 hours total time.
      Herculiner 1qt $29 @ Pep Boys
      old or cheap brush

Didn't spend alot of time in prep work because I dont care what it looks like. This was about solving a water/mildew problem. After pulling out the carpet, I found that Tige does have drain holes from the bow storage to the console storage, but it is covered by the carpet. The problem with this, is that I need the 2 console storage areas to stay dry.

I pulled up the carpet.
      Cleaned most of the glue/carpet fuzz using a sanding disk on a 90* angle grinder.
      Glassed over the factory drain holes and added sealer around my bow drain holes/tubes.
      Vacuumed and wiped down area one last time.
      Brushed on the liner
      Cleaned up.

Stir the liner real good and stir often
      Use brush. Roller wanted to soak up the liner vehicle and leave the granules.
      Throw brush away, not worth the time to clean out all the granules.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Very nice Chp, I have been thinking of something like that for quite a while now. I might need to go through with it to maybe help my mildew problem. I finally got the vinyl clean but would love to figure out how to keep it that way.

Comment

Would it have been better for someone from Tige to come into this form and tell us that they did put drainage holes into this area?

Great job Chpthril, let us know how this works out. Am thinking this might be a great upgrade to keep the moisture out of that area.

Comment

Where are the holes at?? Is it possible for someone like me who doesnt want to pull up all the carpet and look for the holes or install new ones to cut a hole in the carpet so the water goes out the intended holes?

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
              Where are the holes at?? Is it possible for someone like me who doesnt want to pull up all the carpet and look for the holes or install new ones to cut a hole in the carpet so the water goes out the intended holes?
              On 1 side, the hole was right in the corner of the bow storage bulkhead. The other side was about 1.5" toward the gunwale. Both where about 1" holes. Press your fingers along the carpet and you should feel the carpet give way when you hit the hole.

If I had known the drain holes were there, I would have filled them in long ago. I would rather have standing water in the bow, that I have to shop-vac out, then have water running into the storage console where we put all our stuff that we want to keep dry.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Oh So it just drains into the other compartments not the bilge......

Comment

Not on a Ve

Comment

looks like I nice job
                    Everything happens for a reason
                    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                      looks like I nice job
                      Thanks

Comment

Vary nice job. This is going to be my thanksgiving week project.
                        I sure would like to hear from Tige why they set it up to drain into the storage consols. I bet that 90% of the people with these boats are putting stuff they want to keep dry in these compartments.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Wave View Post
                          Vary nice job. This is going to be my thanksgiving week project.
                          I sure would like to hear from Tige why they set it up to drain into the storage consols. I bet that 90% of the people with these boats are putting stuff they want to keep dry in these compartments.
                          Maybe its not a drain. Maybe it was for the ballast fill hose. Just a thought. I need to check my 24V. Would have been nice to know before I drilled my extra 1 inch hole
                          Let it be!!!

Comment

A note to anybody doing this, MAKE SURE you use plenty of masking tape and paper on areas you don't want covered! It does not clean up very easily and it's permanent if you don't clean a spot before it dries. I learned the hard way on my truck bed.
                            Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Nice job chpthrl!
                              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

You da man! Very nice! See you get to work on your boat and still have a new one

Comment

Working...
                                X