This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Drains Install

There has been alot of talk about water in the bow storage and no way to drain it. Most of us are left to vac out or soak up with towels.

THE FALLOWING WAS DONE ON A 2006 22Ve

My first choice was a brass or plastic thruhull, but I could not find one that required anything less than a 7/8in hole to be drilled. So I found a simple brass 1/2 OD pipe niple at Lowes (everything else came from lowes too).
    PARTS: (1) 1/2 OD plastic tee
    (2) 1/2 OD x 4in brase pipe niple
    6ft 1/2 ID clear plastic hose
    marine sealant/adhesive

TOOLS: drill
    1/4 bit
    6/16 bit
    knife
    hacksaw
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

STEP 1 Drill through bottom corner devider between bow storage and console storage, I started with a 1/4 pilot hole then drilled the 9/16.
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

STEP 2: Test fit brass in hole and cut off excess (I left about 1 in for the hose to slide on to). Slide hose over brass (may need to warm up hose with heatgun/hairdryer).

STEP 3: put passthru back in hole, lay hose in place, measure and cut. The port drain will tee into the glovebox drain hose, and the starboard will go into the bilge along side of the vent hose.
      Attached Files

Comment

console side
        Attached Files

Comment

STEP 4: With the hose and passthru cut and testfit, cut glovebox drain hose and install tee. Next I applied a bead of sealer around the end of the brass passthru and slid it thru the hole a little further than needed, about 1/4in. I then applied another bead of sealer and pulled it back flush with carpet to form a seal/bond.
          Attached Files

Comment

On the port side, I ran the hose behind the bilge vent hose. On the starboard, I slid the hose down along the vent hose after the adhesive had setup.
            Attached Files

Comment

On a side note, I rerouted the drain off the glovebox with a couple of brass nipples. The before and afters will show how much the hose was in the way. It was always getting knocked off.

Before:
              Attached Files

Comment

After:
                Attached Files

Comment

After 2:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice job! Thanks for the detailed steps! One more thing to add to my list

Comment

i like that, I may have to do it myself!
                      Originally posted by G-MONEY
                      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

So I decided to get that lousy hose out of the way in the storage compartment. I took a tiny section of it off and cut it away and off to Lowe's and Home Depot. Guess what? It is a bizarre size. The brass elbows at both stores only come in 1/2 and 3/4 inch. The hose that was used is 1/2 inch outer diameter, so nothing fits.

Where did you get your brass elbows?
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

3/4 nipples, heated the hose up with a heatgun/hairdryer to slide it over.

Comment

Awesome write up chpthril! Thanks for taking the time to document and post the information, a lot of members will benefit from this.

Comment

Thanks, glad to do it. If anyone thinks of any improvements, please post!

Comment

Working...
                              X