No announcement yet.

Suggestions/feedback on new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to be having a problem getting to the next page in a thread. Either hitting the page "2" or "next" button does nothing. It does work in the search results, just not inside a topic.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      I seem to be having a problem getting to the next page in a thread. Either hitting the page "2" or "next" button does nothing. It does work in the search results, just not inside a topic.
      Can you give me some details? Are you using a desktop browser, or mobile?

Is it possible that you might need to clear your browser cache. Have you tried that?

Comment

It works now. Not sure why. I didn't make any intentional changes. I'm on a desktop using Chrome.

Comment

I log in and go directly to New Topics to see what's been posted since my last visit. It doesn't ever clear, like it used to and I don't see a way to mark as read. It just keeps adding pages since the site change. I am on a laptop using Safari.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

If you guys are experiencing weird issues I would clear your browser cache and cookies.

Comment

all my opinion. there's some very nice changes with this and thank you for all the pain that it must have been to have upgraded to a bigger better faster site....
              here's my .02 fwiw....
              • when going into a thread that has a lot of posts and multiple pages, the old forum you could jump straight to the last page. is there a way to do that as when I click on a link for a page it opens to page one. if thread has multiple pages you have to change the number instead of hitting the "last page" button. filter can be adjusted to only show day or week or month but last page button was helpful especially from the main "new topics" page.
              • our "profile" on the side used to list where people live and boat if they added that info. gone now but join date is there. does anyone tweet off here?
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Matt,

All the documentation seems to be gone (or I'm stupid). Engine manuals, vDrive manuals, etc. Now tigeowners.com takes you straight to the forum, and not to the old landing page with that stuff.

It it moved and I haven't seen the link yet?

Comment

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 8.20.45 AM.png
                  Originally posted by sandm View Post
                  all my opinion. there's some very nice changes with this and thank you for all the pain that it must have been to have upgraded to a bigger better faster site....
                  here's my .02 fwiw....
                  • when going into a thread that has a lot of posts and multiple pages, the old forum you could jump straight to the last page. is there a way to do that as when I click on a link for a page it opens to page one. if thread has multiple pages you have to change the number instead of hitting the "last page" button. filter can be adjusted to only show day or week or month but last page button was helpful especially from the main "new topics" page.
                  • our "profile" on the side used to list where people live and boat if they added that info. gone now but join date is there. does anyone tweet off here?

You can click the blue arrow icon, that will take you to the last post. Take a look at the screenshot, I believe that answers your question.

With the new forum they moved the profile info, its still there just not on the thread sidebar. However, I do agree that the share and tweet buttons are useless and will add that to the site changes.

All the documentation seems to be gone (or I'm stupid). Engine manuals, vDrive manuals, etc. Now tigeowners.com takes you straight to the forum, and not to the old landing page with that stuff.

It it moved and I haven't seen the link yet?
                  That content is being moved over, its a code rewrite so I have to update all those pages individually. They will be coming within the next week or so.
                  Last edited by Matt Garcia; 05-21-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

The next page or number button on my iPhone doesn’t seem to be working. The one at the top of the page does but not the bottom.

Also, huge thanks to all the guys who helped get the site up and running again with some great improvements.

Edit: opened the page up again today and seems to work fine.
                    Last edited by bsreid; 05-25-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

1. The edit function seemed to not work for me yesterday. Thanks for the upgrades and new site look. Ok, it is working today.
                      Last edited by Wakeman22; 05-27-2020, 03:02 AM. Reason: Edited to test the edit feature.
                      Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post

I will take a look. If you need me to update your password now send me an private message.
                        It's working now Matt, thank you!!

Comment

Got a notification about accepting a "request". Once I accepted the request, then there was nothing to be found. Any idea what this was? Hate to leave someone hangin if this is some sort of message to connect with me.

TIA
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Similar to what Sandm was saying above, on some forums when you click the title to a thread containing new posts, it will take you straight to the oldest post that you haven't read yet. Not just the last page. Is this an option? As it is now, you either have to start at the beginning and read through it all till you find the last post you read, or if you jump to the last page you may have to read backwards till you find the last post you read.

Comment

I cannot load any of the old pages. if its archived it will not load. Even forum posts created on the old page, that I find via Google will not load. Anyone else experiencing this issue? See

Comment

Originally posted by cltTige View Post
                                I cannot load any of the old pages. if its archived it will not load. Even forum posts created on the old page, that I find via Google will not load. Anyone else experiencing this issue? See
                                Yes, I am working on that as well. The content still exists, its just not redirecting to the correct directory. If you find a Google link click on it then once its loaded you should get an invalid URL. From there remove the "forum/" path in the browsers URL box.

For example a google result link, https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/sho...tower-speakers and after I have removed the "forum" parth https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/ste...ower-speakers=
                                Last edited by Matt Garcia; 06-02-2020, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X