bad samson tower speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad samson tower speakers

Well new boat to me and coming from a boat that has a great system I'm finding the system in the 22v with the upgraded clarion seems weak at best.
    My fist problem besides I need to replace the head unit is the tower speakers are cutting out whenever you turn them up loud enough to hear them when boarding. They are samson speakers ( or boxes) can I put better speakers in the samson hanging boxes as they are nice and movable as I have to remove them to do the bemini top so fixed would suck.

Thanks for the help....heading to the river

Hill

Post a pic up of what you got, but i'll bet we can find a set of replacement speakers. That being said, we need to make 100% sure you are replacing the speakers for the right reason ie blown speaker. The cutting out you are experiencing sounds like clipping. This is, in most cases, caused by either a poorly set system, or an under powered amp turned up beyond it's limits. So, there are lots of reasons for clipping, distortion, poor performance, etc, and changing out a set of speakers may not even fix it.

We can even get into the whole discussion of the differences between a Pro Audio type tower speaker, which is designed and built to project volume to the rider, and typical cone type speaker, which is probably what is on your tower.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I Had Samson Speakers on my previous boat and the are pretty weak for the price.

Comment

Looking at these they say focal 3 on them and they looklike cone speakers. I have a set of projection type on my other boat and they sound great while wakeboarding. That is all I care about I bought the boat for wakeboarding and want to be able to hear them while I'm out in the wake. Right now I can't hear anything as it starts cutting out at anything above volume at 26. I will take a picture of them and post it tonight.

Hill3daysonthelakesunburned

Comment

I will back Chpthril up. "Cutting out" as a term better describes and suggests a problem with an amp, lack of sufficient power, or something upstream. We need to understand the TOTAL system, so get us all the information. What amp is driving the tower speakers? How many tower speakers? What are the amplifier settings, crossover, bass boost, gain etc?

If we have all the information we can make a better judgement about a best recommendation for you. Replacing speakers only to find out later that the problem is elsewhere can get expensive.

Phil
          Kicker
          It's not an optical illusion.
          It just looks like one.....

Comment

Good information

Thank you I will look at the system as a whole. I think we may be onto something with the AMP and wiring as I just lost all cabin rear speakers yeasterday. I need to look into how it is wired and get back to everyone that has helped.

Hillouchmyscalphurts

Comment

Working...
            X