No announcement yet.

New ram 1500 Diesel I doing it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To each his own. Except I work on this for a living day in and day out!
    www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
    http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

I may not work on them every day but I know plenty about them.

And not to be mean, but from a consumer standpoint if you really think a company wont release something till its has 100% of the bugs worked out then you are dreaming and that goes for anything out on the market, heck even Tige did it with the brackets for the new VX. Almost every manufacture out there does it to some degree.

Do I still think a 1/2 ton diesel is going to be freaking awsome, heck ya, its long over due. Would I personally by the first one probably not, especially with a new motor design, but Im alot more wary of some new designs until they are proven out. From and engineering standpoint I dont care what test you run simulate or come up with, real world applications will throw it back in your face pretty quickly.

Comment

Wicked if you dont mind me asking, what mud tires are you running? Ive been running BFG KM1s which are no longer around, and looking for my next set. I use to get 60K out the KM1s and hate to drop $1200 and get tires that Im going to hate.

Comment

I'll help: If I remember right from seeing photos if his truck, they looked like Nitto trail grapplers. That's what i have too, it's the quietest mt on the market. Toyo mt are the heaviest and will have the longest tread wear. They won't ever last as long on a 3/4 vs a 1/2 though. I know a few guys with half tons getting over 50k out of the Nittos and an easy 60k out of the toyos, mostly highway because their mall crawlers.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

It is pretty impressive how they coax 420 ft-lbs out of this 3.0L engine. That is the same as the 6.2L Chevy (at least the 2013 variety). Also just slightly less than my supercharged 5.3L.

Between this and the Ecoboost it looks like North America may finally follow the European lead to smaller displacement / higher boost motors.

ps - Why does every manufacturer need "eco" in the name? Ecoboost, EcoDiesel, Ecotec. Last time I checked there was nothing ecologically friendly about burning fossil fuels :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
              Wicked if you dont mind me asking, what mud tires are you running? Ive been running BFG KM1s which are no longer around, and looking for my next set. I use to get 60K out the KM1s and hate to drop $1200 and get tires that Im going to hate.
              The KM1's are such awesome tires, not sure why they thought the KM2 was a better design. They still make KM1's but only in 1 size and they are for the Jeep Wrangler.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                It is pretty impressive how they coax 420 ft-lbs out of this 3.0L engine.
                Mercedes gets 455 lb/ft out of their 3.0L diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                  Mercedes gets 455 lb/ft out of their 3.0L diesel.
                  Is that a bench dyno, chassis dyno, or at the flywheel number? Auto manufactures love to quote flywheel numbers.

Comment

I'm guessing that's the flywheel number that pretty much every mfr posts...

Comment

I wonder exactly how dodge has changed the rest of this truck. Is it the same chassis? Have they lightened the drive train in addition to the 8 speed to lessen parasitic driveline loses? Better aerodynamics? I would venture to say the dodges look the most "slippery" as far as aerodynamis go in trucks.

Comment

WE changed alot.. Active air ride (vehicle lowers its self the faster you go) Active shutters in the grill to close it off.. And many other items. =) We are even shutting some engines off at stops with a new accumlator design in the transmission so you never even feel it =)

Alot more great things coming from dodge.. And this is not a NEW engine Been used over seas for some time now!

And I am running Nitto Trail Grappler M/T and love them.. Great riding tire

Comment

Looks like Motortrend put the new truck to their Real MPG test and came out with 18/28/22 with the 3.55 axle option. It got 19/26/21 with the 3.92 gears.

Interesting reading:
                          http://wot.motortrend.com/1311_2014_...g_testing.html

How MT calculates their MPG figures:
                          http://www.motortrend.com/features/c...mbers_mpg_101/

Comment

That is a nice article:

With a Real MPG highway rating of up to 28 mpg highway, the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is among the first vehicles to be mileage-tested using Motor Trend's new alternative source of standardized fuel economy numbers.

The Real MPG result for the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel should stir even the most diehard Ford and Chevrolet fans.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/1311_2014_ram ... z2l8K8wsI4

Comment

Im telling you its a Beast.. Thing straight up gets it.. If I wanted a little truck Id buy one.. But I like my big ole trucks that can move houses

And if you have not been inside a new dodge in the last 2 years your missing sweet tech and comfort

Comment

never been a dodge fan after spending time in my bro-in-law's 2003 1/2 ton. it's a pos when looking at the fit/finish inside compared to ford/chevy trucks of the same variety I've been in but I will say after seeing a few of the new body styles floating around, they are nice looking.
                                I would put this on a short list if I was in the market. a few years when they show up used and might have to consider one..
                                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                                X