No announcement yet.

Tige TouchPad Upgrade Project Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these touch pads still available, visited the website and only see data on the wake touch systems.

Comment

Yes, sorry, we haven't updated the website to show the Tige TouchPads.

The panels are definitely available. We keep them in stock now, the demand is more or less continuous! We will email when your paperwork arrives and email again with your tracking number. We usually ship the same or next day so you should receive the panel promptly.

The order form is available as a PDF download at http://waketouch.com/media/TigeOrderForm.pdf.

Thanks!

Comment

Sign me up I have a Pad that failed on 22VE this past summer. Would like to get updated pad controller ASAP.

Thanks for your efforts for the Tige community!

Comment

Are you still actively building list of interested recipients for production runs? Thanks

Comment

Yep! We do have panels in stock, and folks must be pulling their boats out of storage because we're seeing a surge in interest. Spring is here!

I've replied to your email. Thanks!

Comment

IDBoating-Glad to see you're still pumping these controllers out, I still get PMs from time to time. I'll keep sending them your way.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Sounds good, thanks!

Comment

I've been using mine!! Everything works perfect!! Thanks so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear it! Have a great season in your newly refreshed Tige!

Comment

Save one for me if you can. My friend has an '06 Ve and as you've discovered, it will fail. I can't seem to get him on board with just getting one and never having an issue. He is a doctor and stereotypically cheap when it comes to spending anymore than he already has.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

We tend to keep them in stock, but no guarantee that we won't go to zero between "when we think we'll run out" and "when production finishes the next run". It's happened before.

Comment

On my 2006 24ve the speed set touch pad hasn't failed but sometimes it is nearly impossible to get the speedset to catch especially when surfing. The middle led will just blink forever but nothing ever catches. Will this new touch pad fix that issue or is my issue with another component of the speed set? I usually don't have issues at wakeboarding speeds to get it to set. Thanks!

Comment

My usual response is "It's not a question of IF the touchpad will fail, but WHEN". However, if it's reliable at some speeds, then it's unlikely to be a problem with the touchpad. It's not like the touchpad "knows" how fast you're going. {grin}

The actual logic of the cruise control in those era boats is implemented on the ECU itself. It accepts inputs from the touchpad and the paddlewheel, and then makes decisions about how to maintain a constant speed. Does your speedometer read reliably/smoothly at all speeds? Perhaps there's something wrapped around the paddlewheel that prevents it from rotating smoothly at low speeds, but at higher speeds the water force is sufficient to overcome it.

In any case, there's only three components in your cruise control system: ECU, touchpad, and paddlewheel. I sure hope it's not the first one, because the other two are a LOT less expensive to repair/replace!

Report back on what you find....

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
                              My usual response is "It's not a question of IF the touchpad will fail, but WHEN". However, if it's reliable at some speeds, then it's unlikely to be a problem with the touchpad. It's not like the touchpad "knows" how fast you're going. {grin}

The actual logic of the cruise control in those era boats is implemented on the ECU itself. It accepts inputs from the touchpad and the paddlewheel, and then makes decisions about how to maintain a constant speed. Does your speedometer read reliably/smoothly at all speeds? Perhaps there's something wrapped around the paddlewheel that prevents it from rotating smoothly at low speeds, but at higher speeds the water force is sufficient to overcome it.

In any case, there's only three components in your cruise control system: ECU, touchpad, and paddlewheel. I sure hope it's not the first one, because the other two are a LOT less expensive to repair/replace!

Report back on what you find....
                              I'll be getting some work done on the boat this weekend. I have replaced the paddlewheel once already, but last I checked it was spinning smoothly. I'll let you know what I find after this weekend!

Comment

I installed my new touchpad and it works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X