No announcement yet.

Tige TouchPad Upgrade Project Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Installed mine last week, I was one of the folks that sent my broken one to ID to let him map the wires and be able to produce these units so I had taken mine in and out a few times and it is very very simple. My pad worked flawlessly and i was so glad. I used one spacer and only for feel. function worked perfectly for me each way. Great Job ID!

Comment

Glad to hear it's working for you! Sounds like zero or one spacer is the most common arrangement. So far we've only seen a single unit that needed two, and even that was marginal. We included two to be safe, but they're not free so if one is covering it for everyone we may drop the default number to one for future shipments.

Comment

I would think drop it to 1 spacer per order, and then if someone really needs an extra some of us, that haven't used it, will have some laying around and could spend a few bucks to mail it no problem!

Comment

How about the longer, extra screws? Did you use them or not?

Comment

I used the longer ones but the original ones would have probably worked even with one spacer but i went ahead and used your new ones

Comment

Sadly my boat is parked 4+ hours away and I wont see it till 15 July
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

IDBoating, your inbox is full!

Comment

Sorry! Been receiving a LOT of messages lately. I just deleted a bunch, should be plenty of room now. Thanks!

Comment

We ordered our new touchpad and received it very promptly. The pad works flawlessly! The buttons have a better feel than before and the pad lights up now. IDBoating...thanks for sharing your journey through this process and allowing all of us to benefit from your knowledge.

Jim

Comment

Thank you for the kind feedback! We're happy that people's boats are working like they should now. Those factory touchpads have been a source of frustration for a long time. Glad that's in the past!

One extra thing: After assembly into the bezel, please be sure to confirm that your snapdomes release properly when you let go of them. As noted earlier in the thread, some combinations of bezels and elastomers cause one or more snapdomes to stay "down". This confuses the boat's computer and can cause all sorts of weird behavior because the computer believes you are holding down a switch somewhere. This is why we included the spacers... use one or both as necessary to insure the snapdomes all release properly. If this increases the thickness such that the factory screws aren't long enough, use the longer screws that are also included.

Thanks!
                      Last edited by IDBoating; 07-23-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Forgot to mention that only 1 spacer was needed .

Comment

I have a 2009 RZ2. This past weekend (7/23/16), I noticed my set button required more pressure to lock in the speed. Then later in the day, my "faster" button quit working. I got on TO today in search of a solution and I stumbled onto the old thread then transferred to this one. My speed set however is not in the dash, it's on the bulkhead above the throttle. My questions to you are does it sound like the same thing going on that started this endeavor? I appreciate your help in this matter and as we say in the Navy when someone does a most outstanding job, Bravo Zulu IDB.

I'd love to get a post production unit if one is still available or even in the next run if y'all think my issue is the same as being discussed in this and the previous thread.

Thanks,
                          Navytrained
                          Dean
                          Last edited by Navytrained; 07-25-2016, 10:53 PM.

Comment

User Ewok on this site has the same boat you do (2009 RZ2). It's the same panel. Tige moved them around a bit over the years but they bought the same panel from the same supplier the whole time as far as we've been able to tell.

I'm replying to your PM. Thanks!

Comment

Any more for sale ID?

Comment

Prairietarian, I've replied to your PM.

Side note: There's no need to contact TG618 to "get on the list" anymore. That list was solely for those folks who wanted to preorder on the initial production run at the reduced price. We are now shipping the last of the "extra" post-production units we have in stock at the regular price on a first-come first-served basis. If you're interested, please PM your email address to me via my IDBoating username and we'll send you the order form if we still have any available.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X