No announcement yet.

2016 Tige RZX Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are planning on going year round. 11/21 is a special video shoot we are doing with Chaos. It would be best if it could be done before that. email me at robert - at - wake9 - dot - com.
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

One more thing, you are welcome to bring your wives, more than welcome. It beautiful here in the fall.

Comment

The reality is....

Taps 3 has changed everything, yes the hull on the RZX is unique and a game changer and is definitely taking time to get dialed but for the z3 the same applies in my opinion. I have emailed countless people in my quest before ordering and then have demoed different boats and the reality is that even the z3 with taps3 has had people needing to spend time to refigure things out...

Its just taking people a while to get it all figured, and I really think it applies to almost all the platforms.

The z3 my dad ordered this past year with taps 3 has taken us hours to dial in, meaning different then what everyone was running with AVX. I am a believer, I dont know what it is but the system works. 200 lbs-ish of lead in each corner and my dads 16 z3 is a monster and like i have said on par with the AVX. Its been so good I changed my 16 order from avx to taps 3 for my own boat........

Again, I really think the new system changes more then people think.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Finally going to get some good time on the Z3 with TAPS3, looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
            Finally going to get some good time on the Z3 with TAPS3, looking forward to it.
            If you get a chance read through this thread.... post #15 specifically. Would love some tips from you once you get some time on the Z3 with the Taps 3.

Comment

Hmm. Unless I am missing something, or you put the wrong # in, I wrote #15. ;-)

Comment

Robert, where do you guys surf in CA? I am planning a trip up north before the summer it out.... Maybe a meet up? Would love to see your new baby in action... Ps thanks for responding to my email when I was ordering a boat, I appreciate it. -Jason
                Germaine Marine

Comment

Hmm. Unless I am missing something, or you put the wrong # in, I wrote #15. ;-)
                  Yeah..... it helps to provide you with the thread url eh....... LOL

Here ya go:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...3-Setup-Thread

Comment

@elevated Mostly Lake Oroville, sometimes the Lake Oroville Afterbay. This year, with the lake so WONDERFULLY high, it will pretty much all be on Lake Oroville. Your welcome about the email. Just let me know when you are going to be up, if we can schedule it, we would love to meet up. Hopefully get the rest of the crew and several other boats out there. Its a great, growing wakesurf community up here. There are a few that travel over 2 hours each week/weekend just to surf with the group.

@z3co23, thanks, that makes more sense, and is helpful.

Comment

@elevated Mostly Lake Oroville, sometimes the Lake Oroville Afterbay. This year, with the lake so WONDERFULLY high, it will pretty much all be on Lake Oroville. Your welcome about the email. Just let me know when you are going to be up, if we can schedule it, we would love to meet up. Hopefully get the rest of the crew and several other boats out there. Its a great, growing wakesurf community up here. There are a few that travel over 2 hours each week/weekend just to surf with the group.

@z3co23, thanks, that makes more sense, and is helpful.
                      Robert, quick question...

So what exactly are the specs with the surf xl ballast on the 16s? When I was on the line at the factory last week, the info I was given was 3000lb total, but I could have sworn that in your review specifically you called for 3500 total with 1200s in each corner. Maybe miscommunication.....
                      Germaine Marine

Comment

I am not sure what it is with the TAPS3 Z3, I can find out.

Comment

I am not sure what it is with the TAPS3 Z3, I can find out.
                          Well Chase from Tige got back to me... It is indeed 3000lbs total, down from the 3500 last year with 1100s being whats in the rear this currently which means the fronts have to be smaller.

I was told it was due to coastguard with the taps 3 system.....
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

All of the boats are down to 3000 this year with the next jump being down to 2400. Interesting, I think people need to be aware of that when trying to get these things set up....
                            Germaine Marine

Comment

Anyone know which amount is in the R21, 3k or 2400? I've received mixed info and am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nmriordan View Post
                                Anyone know which amount is in the R21, 3k or 2400? I've received mixed info and am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                2400lbs. The only 4 boats in the line with 3000lbs are the RZX/ASR/Z3/RZ4

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 10.13.50 AM.jpg
                                Last edited by Germaine Marine; 05-16-2016, 05:14 PM.
                                Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                                X