2016 Tige RZX Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Tige RZX Review

OK, so there are two choices or you can do both. As promised, we have finished our review after putting about 30 hours on this boat. Watch, read, or do both. ;-)

And the reading:

http://wake9.com/rzx-review
    http://wake9.com/

Another great video and review done up right by the Wake9 crew Thanks for posting

I like how you show how far back a person can get with this boats wave. Really takes the guessing out of "can it surf" So when is the Z3 getting traded??

Comment

Great Video. I wish we had a RZX at my disposal for 30 hours. I have loved watching the Wake9 kids go from not surfing to catching air and riding 3's over the last 6 years.
      "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Great review,will you be doing a review of the other boats in the event,and would you say the RZX would still have a great surf wave without adding the 500 lbs in the lockers? Or is it necessary to make it surf able?

Comment

That looks amazing!

I love to see Ragboy in action!
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I have a friend and surfing partner that is considering this boat--in fact doing factory tour/demo very soon. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUY IT.
            Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Thanks very much.

@smith. I wouldn't say it doesn't make a wake, but I personally think Tige needs to up stock ballast if they can to 4000. It is the sweet spot, its money. Stock it is ok, but the TAPS3 really needs that weight with this hull to be effective and to be clean.

That wake is every bit as good as it looks. It is easy giving such high praise because like the Z3 before it, it will be validated with other's experience.

@dakota, I hope he gets it, this wave is worth it. Didn't think I would say that, its expensive.

Comment

I surfed the RZX with out the extra #1000, and yes it will surf with out it. But you will need it if you have a small crew.

Comment

That is true, we had stock with like 10 people, and that was all that was needed.

Comment

We haven't been out in HEAVY chop, but I had to drive the boat across the huge main body of water in wind and moderate chop. It handled it fine, as good as any other boat. I didn't think it was worse at all, and I definitely didn't think it was SO much better. I guess I didn't notice any issues, which is the main thing.

The one thing you do notice, is that it tracks like a train, it is so solid and stable. Then you get the taps up a bit and it frees up that keel and it gets pretty sporty for that big ole beast.

That keel really breaks up the water, it may not be a deep V in the back, but it sure feels like it up front, if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                      Thanks very much.

@smith. I wouldn't say it doesn't make a wake, but I personally think Tige needs to up stock ballast if they can to 4000. It is the sweet spot, its money. Stock it is ok, but the TAPS3 really needs that weight with this hull to be effective and to be clean.

That wake is every bit as good as it looks. It is easy giving such high praise because like the Z3 before it, it will be validated with other's experience.

@dakota, I hope he gets it, this wave is worth it. Didn't think I would say that, its expensive.
                      Thank You for all the great info,One thing for sure with that boat and the extra ballast it is close to 10,000 pounds of Boat coming at you WOW,Proves that the 575 SC is clearly the Boss.

Comment

I have been told the Indmar 440 should handle this fine, I can't wait to see it. I probably won't be able to do 40mph or wakeboard with all that weight, though. ;-)

Comment

Ragboy--your comparisons are money. Off topic a little...sort of: Z3 loves AVX and RZX loves TAPS3. Via the transitive property (kinda) does the Z3 with fixed VX make the steep or the mellow setting of the AVX wave?

And if I read you correctly, the RZX makes the steep version, but manages to sneak a friendly transition in there that bridges what was formerly a gap? And no one was wishing for a steeper RZX wave?

Lots of AWESOME INFO. THANK YOU!
                          Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Good questions...

The Z3 with FIXED VX is more in between if it was set like ours, the 2012 VX after all the testing and adjustment. Most of the other boats prob a bit on the mellow side, but not completely sure. The fixed VX is great, but it has to be set at what is most likely the best setting, and it can be a compromise at times, where with the AVX it can always be just where you want it.

The RZX can mellow fairly well, what I was saying, is I don't need to, it is kinda bizarre. For instance, we have 2 riders and they are both in that video. Korinn is the shorter brunette and Janelle is the tall, thin ginger lady. Korinn likes it fast, hard and steep, very aggressive. Janelle is the opposite and it MUST be mellow for her, like taps 1 or 2 on the Z3 always. I put them on the RZX, they are both going 11.4 and at TAPS 3, the same wave. They both love it. I can go to taps 1, and it mellows out great, the RZX responds when weighted properly, but Janelle says leave it alone, and doesn't mind the little extra speed either. I have NEVER seen that before with Janelle and she also admits it is strange, but it is ALL about the transition. That transition is so buttery smooth she is fine. The same goes for my daughter Jesse, she always wants taps at 1 or 2 on the Z3 to make it mellow and she wants 10.8 or 11. Taps3 and faster speed is NO problem for her, I put it at 1, and she asked for it back up, ended up at 3. That may seem trivial, but it is not. These riders can be very sensitive and yet they get on the RZX and just say, "thats great, don't touch it."

You learn something new every day.

There are some other funny things with the RZX. Here are a couple:

- With every tige I have owned you turn INTO the wave while surfing and it cleans up, you turn away and it gets dirty. Its the opposite on the RZX. Again, this seems trivial, but I had to teach myself how to drive again. I always drive straight but give myself a bit of room to "migrate" towards the wave if I need to to keep it clean. I have to now give myself room in the opposite direction. Drove me crazy until I got used to it. Its not a bad thing, but after years of doing the same thing...
                            - I can't see the friggin rider with my favorite rope! Our luck rope is an accurate wakesurf rope from 2007 and its the perfect length, but not for the RZX. When people use that rope, I can't see them, the boat is so huge. I have to use a longer rope to see the rider when I pull them up.
                            - This is real interesting. The wave in the mirror looks GREAT. Normally at that higher angle the wave on the Z3 will looked jacked up. So I go and sit in the corner, and ok, that looks good. But in the RZX, the wave in the mirror looks great. I can only think this is because its so much bigger, but I really don't know for sure, its perplexing. Again, sounds like nothing, and it is, but when you are used to the same thing on every boat day in and day out, this kind of thing really catches you. I should add, its not just the mirror, its just the perspective from the driver's seat, it never looks right, except on the RZX.

Photo-2015-10-10-11-58-04_8596.jpg

Comment

Lets convert that image a bit...

Comment

Working...
                              X