No announcement yet.

Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, this was the 2012 thread when we last discussed ripping out our carpets and putting in Deckadence

The links on page 2 for 4' wide rolls at $32 per foot are dead. But at least we know about how much the low end cost for the product was.

Comment

Folks, I sent an email to Deckadence asking what widths their material comes in. The answer is "six feet". Without my asking, he also mentioned the list price for the material as follows:
      If you just purchase cut strips of material from us it is $8.25 per square foot. If we cut from a template to a custom size, it is $9.50 per square foot.
      I presume they mean "$9.50 per finished square foot" (as opposed to "how many feet of raw material we spool off before we start cutting your shape"). If that's true, having them cut it could end up being quite a bit less expensive because our boat floors tend to be long and narrow, and you wouldn't be paying for all of that scrap.

I specifically did NOT discuss price, as I don't want to get in the middle of whatever deal the experts here are negotiating. However, I did mention that I was part of a "group purchase" of Tige owners and was waiting to hear what kind of deal could be obtained.

Is anyone actually pursuing this? I sure hope so. I'm long past ready to be rid of boat carpet.

Comment

I have a call in and sent an email to the Steve Henderson someone mentioned in a prior post but haven't received any response. I am leaving out of the country tomorrow for a week so maybe I will know something when I get back.

Comment

In the meantime, without prompting from me, someone there named "Paul Riches" has emailed with the following:
          Let me know what the Tige model and year is for your boat and the others. We may have templates in stock!
          Failing that, I'm happy to give a 10% discount on 3 orders and 15% discount on more than 3 orders. Tige boats
          are not usually that large so the price will be extremely affordable. You may wish to consider having the Tige
          Logo printed for an additional $85.00? Talk soon and thank you.
          ...so I told him I have a 2009 24Ve and received this response:
          Ah, no we don't have this one. But looking at the specifications, I think the standard pricing for this model would be between $545 and $585 if you purchase directly through us. A dealer would probably retail this closer to $900. On average, please use this pricing as a point for discussion with your colleagues. Hopefully, we can get a business relationship moving. Many thanks.
          So... looks like he's quoting us $545-585 for Tige boats cut from a template. The wording is a bit vague, and I have sent another email asking for clarification on whether we get 15% off those prices with 4+ buyers at the same time. I will report back as soon as I hear from him again.

I did not intend to get in the middle of this deal but it appears I'm now in the conversation, so I'm happy to follow through. Anyone interested at these prices? Please post who you are and your year and model so I can forward them to him and get solid numbers. Thanks!
          Last edited by IDBoating; 04-11-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

To improve visibility, I have started a dedicated thread for the Deckadence group buy.

Comment

What color decadence is that?

Comment

wired1236 - What did you do on the 2" vertical strip at the edges? Did you leave the original carpet or is that deckadence too? If you pulled of the old carpet, was it glued or screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by Yadatbeme View Post
                  wired1236 - What did you do on the 2" vertical strip at the edges? Did you leave the original carpet or is that deckadence too? If you pulled of the old carpet, was it glued or screwed?
                  I left them in. Since I put on dark grey, it looks like a good match. I tucked in the deckadence under it so it finishes it well while also keeping the flooring from moving. Warning though, the dark grey gets hot in the direct sun. If I did it again, I would go with light grey with a dark logo.

Comment

Originally posted by ddubz View Post
                    I used Tile Clad from Sherwinn Williams, this stuff is amazing, 1 gallaon hardner and 1 gallaon paint. I taped off 1/2 up the side of fiberglass and put it on very thick, filled all cracks in the floor, this stuff finished very nice! Rock solid and smooth as glass. should make for easy maint. I put some pics up once I get the seats back.
                    I know this is digging up an old thread. I am curious how the Tile Clad held up over the past couple of years. I went to SW and they stated it is for indoor use. Based on the info of the bare fiberglass beneath my carpet and being used in the marine environment, they had no recommendation for me. I figure you would ha e a couple of years of used at this time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Working...
                    X