Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
    Another question about the flooring, is there a cutout for the floor door or do you simply remove the entire mat to open up the floor?
    you can just roll the mat up, I like the one piece look, another reason I bought it, at the end of the day and it gets really dirty, just take it out hose it down on the dock!

Comment

That's what it looked like in your pictures and it makes sense. Thanks for the info, great job on that project.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Great job! Interesting product.
        Here is a link in case there are others, like me, that didn't know what it was. Looks like it improves your circulation too?
        http://marineflooring.net/
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Looks good. Iwndr it they would do a group buy?

Comment

I would definitely participate in a group purchase. Ready to pull the trigger anytime.

Comment

Sounds like it is time for TeamAllen, the master of the group buy, to make a few phone calls. I would probably be in. I bet they already have a template for my Malibu as well.
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                Sounds like it is time for TeamAllen, the master of the group buy, to make a few phone calls. I would probably be in. I bet they already have a template for my Malibu as well.
                x2 (and yes, I recognize this is creating work for TeamAllen).

Comment

Here is your contact, these guys are great! Don't forget that their quotes will be in CA dollars, so it will actually be less if you are within the US.

Steve Henderson
                  1-866-224-7794
                  DECKadencemarine.com
                  http://marineflooring.net/

Comment

Anxiously awaiting the results. I've wanted to do this for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                      Anxiously awaiting the results. I've wanted to do this for a couple of years.
                      Does the flooring carpet extend under the benches (i.e., is there one piece of carpet from beam to beam) or are the pieces of carpet in the storage areas different from the cabin?

EDIT: some googling came up with this non-toxic product that is supposed to make short work of adhesive removal from fiberglass. RemovALL™ 700 Floor Adhesive Remover-Foam Off
                      Last edited by Duncan; 04-08-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

In my boat, the seat supports are connected directly to the floor and so the carpet cannot be one piece. All of the storage compartments have their own, separate pieces of carpet.

My original plan for this project was to buy the raw material in its four foot width, long enough to run the length of the boat's floor. Rough measurements suggested that I would have large enough pieces after cutting the one-piece floor to use in the main storage areas under the driver's and passenger's console. (My other storage areas are full of fat sacs.) I would then remove the carpet in those storage areas and use the leftover pieces instead. I find that the carpet in those storage lockers are the last things to dry on my boat.

Putting carpet in a mostly-closed storage area with poor air circulation that gets wet and holds wet gear seems ridiculous to me, but then so does the idea of carpeting a boat's floor in the first place!

I'm waiting to see how this group buy works out. If they offer pre-cut flooring for my boat, I'll go that way. But if they offer the raw material in full width, that will work too and have the advantage mentioned above.

Comment

I'd be interested in a group buy as well if we can make it happen.

Comment

I would be interested too.
                            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I am in for full width roll or precut/template.

Comment

I've got a call in. we'll see what they have to say

Comment

Working...
                                X