Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
    WOW! Great results.

The Tile Clad looks like a great product. I considered taking out the carpet in our 2009, refinishing, and topping with a Posiedon mat. But I determined that getting all the adhesive off the rough fiberglass and then reglassing would be too intensive.

How did you apply the Tile Clad? How much adhesive had to come off?

EDIT: Darn. Of course nothing is easy when you start digging ... polyamide vs cycloaliphatic epox. 50% vs 100% solids. Lots of other factors ...
    I have a glass floor and just scraped the glue off with a scaper. I didnt do anything else but put the deckedence flooring down and you cant feel any of the rough floor through it. All you feel is the lip of the floor hatch which I smoothed out by putting some aluminum transition strip down.

This does look sweet though. Great idea.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
      I have a glass floor and just scraped the glue off with a scaper. I didnt do anything else but put the deckedence flooring down and you cant feel any of the rough floor through it. All you feel is the lip of the floor hatch which I smoothed out by putting some aluminum transition strip down.

This does look sweet though. Great idea.

Under the carpet is the floor smooth like the bilge or is it rough like up high under the gunnels? I peeled back some carpet in a rear compartment and it looked to have the same finish as the bilge. When I pulled out my cooler, it appeared to be rough unfinished glass.
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
        Under the carpet is the floor smooth like the bilge or is it rough like up high under the gunnels? I peeled back some carpet in a rear compartment and it looked to have the same finish as the bilge. When I pulled out my cooler, it appeared to be rough unfinished glass.
        Mine was rough unfinished glass like you see under your holds. His is wood obviously. Once you scrape the glue though, its not bad enough that you notice it through the floor.

Comment

Looks fantastic. Great job!
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

"Smooth as glass." Does the woven flooring still hold in place, or does it slip around on the glassy surface? I wouldn't want a movable floor in a boat....

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
              "Smooth as glass." Does the woven flooring still hold in place, or does it slip around on the glassy surface? I wouldn't want a movable floor in a boat....
              The floor holds the deckadence quite well, does not move at all, it has a backing that grips the boat and does not slide. I do like that it grips so good that it does not need to be glued down which is nice for clean up, roll it up, spray it down.
              Last edited by ddubz; 04-05-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
                Mine was rough unfinished glass like you see under your holds. His is wood obviously. Once you scrape the glue though, its not bad enough that you notice it through the floor.

My floor is wood covered in fiberglass resin, it is tough to see in the pics, it had some cracks so the new layer of epoxy cleaned it up nicely.

Comment

Great work you did on this boat! I didn't event know there was the deckadence company out there so thanks for posting. The carpet with logo looks amazing! What was an approximate cost of this project if you don't mind telling? I have some stains in my carpet that I can't remove so this carpet replacement might be an option for me, also I could change to a snap in style at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ddubz View Post
                    The floor holds the deckadence quite well, does not move at all, it has a backing that grips the boat and does not slide
                    That's interesting. I thought the Deckadence flooring was the same on both sides, just a woven material through and through.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                      That's interesting. I thought the Deckadence flooring was the same on both sides, just a woven material through and through.
                      I received some Deckadence samples awhile back and it definitely has a rubbery underside.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                        I received some Deckadence samples awhile back and it definitely has a rubbery underside.
                        Cool. One more question answered... thanks!

Comment

You will love thr flooring. I put it in at the beginning of last season and everyone that stepped into the boat loved it. Its soft on the feet, doesn't soak up water as to get mildew, and cleanup is easy if necessary. My only complaint is I got the dark Grey and it does get hot in the direct sun if not wet. I had to put a wet towel down a few times if the boat was just sitting in the sun w/o,the bimini up. Go with the lighter colors like he did. Oh.. and its pricey when compared to regular carpet but in my mind, there is no comparison. uploadfromtaptalk1396797386187.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396797416750.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ddubz View Post
                            I used Tile Clad from Sherwinn Williams, this stuff is amazing, 1 gallaon hardner and 1 gallaon paint. I taped off 1/2 up the side of fiberglass and put it on very thick, filled all cracks in the floor, this stuff finished very nice! Rock solid and smooth as glass. should make for easy maint. I put some pics up once I get the seats back.
                            How is the flexibility of that stuff? Will it get gelcoat type cracks after some yahoo jumps up and down in your boat? This looks like a great project, I am very impressed. I love the dekadence type flooring, and think this project would be worth its weight in gold.
                            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Another question about the flooring, is there a cutout for the floor door or do you simply remove the entire mat to open up the floor?
                              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                                Another question about the flooring, is there a cutout for the floor door or do you simply remove the entire mat to open up the floor?
                                When I do this, my plan is no cutout. You don't have to open that up very often so I think keeping the material in one piece has a lot of merit.

Comment

Working...
                                X