Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Project

I decided to pull the trigger on putting down a new floor for my 23v, this has been a very fun project boat and truly appreciate all the knowledge here on the site!! Here are a couple of pics. Im picking up the seats and sunpads this weekend, guy even said he would redo my glove box for free! Love this decadence stuff!!!
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg[ATTACH]
    Last edited by ddubz; 04-03-2014, 11:07 PM.

Have no idea why the pics posted sideways...

Comment

I bet you are using iphone/ipad for the pics. I've seen this on other forums... pics turn out sideways.

Comment

^bingo..

Comment

LOOKS GREAT!!!
          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

That turned out awesome! Looks like you have a future in flooring repair on boats

Comment

sick man, thats awesome!
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That looks great! I have the same boat and have had most of the vinyl redone... your new flooring may have inspired my next winter project!

Comment

That looks great. What did you put down over the floor? or did you cut it out and replace all with new material?

Comment

How were you able to obtain the Decadence flooring? I tried to get them to do one for my boat last year and they would not return calls or emails. Also, what did they charge you if you don't mind me asking. You can PM me if you would prefer.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful job. Better than factory!

I also plan to do this exact project at some point. What is the grey glossy material you laid down before the woven flooring? Looks like self leveling compound, like you poured it. Is it strictly because you have a wood subfloor, or to match the level of the bow floor, or...?

Comment

Great job! If I could do that to my floor, I would do it in a heartbeat!
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I used Tile Clad from Sherwinn Williams, this stuff is amazing, 1 gallaon hardner and 1 gallaon paint. I taped off 1/2 up the side of fiberglass and put it on very thick, filled all cracks in the floor, this stuff finished very nice! Rock solid and smooth as glass. should make for easy maint. I put some pics up once I get the seats back.

Comment

Originally posted by ddubz View Post
                            I used Tile Clad from Sherwinn Williams, this stuff is amazing, 1 gallaon hardner and 1 gallaon paint. I taped off 1/2 up the side of fiberglass and put it on very thick, filled all cracks in the floor, this stuff finished very nice! Rock solid and smooth as glass. should make for easy maint. I put some pics up once I get the seats back.
                            WOW! Great results.

The Tile Clad looks like a great product. I considered taking out the carpet in our 2009, refinishing, and topping with a Posiedon mat. But I determined that getting all the adhesive off the rough fiberglass and then reglassing would be too intensive.

How did you apply the Tile Clad? How much adhesive had to come off?

EDIT: Darn. Of course nothing is easy when you start digging ... polyamide vs cycloaliphatic epox. 50% vs 100% solids. Lots of other factors ...
                            Last edited by Duncan; 04-04-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

After some trial and error: I first tried the electric sander and quickly found out I did not have the patience for it, I went to a local hardware store and bought a steel brush attachment that I put on my high speed buffer, this took all the adhesive off easily! took 25min to do the whole floor! I just made sure to not let the brush grab too much and it easily wiped away the glue. Then I did a quick sand with 80 grit and that was it! Taped off the sides and applied the tile clad with a brush and put it on thick. This stuff only has a pot life of 4 hrs which was plenty of time. I just kept putting it on coat after coat until I felt the coverage was good, I took the gas tank cover and did that outside the boat. Pretty easy job, especially with the steel brush!

Comment

Working...
                              X