No announcement yet.

08 Z1 - Ballast Install - DieselPWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job! You're getting a water test way before me so let me know how it goes. That is such a simple way to run the lines and how I want to run mine (one for fill, drain and the other for overflow). I wouldn't worry to much about the multiflex rubbing on the edge there, it's seems like pretty durable material. But if you want to go the distance you could use some 5200 sealant and glue some PVC under there to run the line through. Pm me your cost on the new decal when you get a chance.

Comment

The bow sac has a fill and and vent on top on both legs and a vent on the nose.

I fill from the bottom of both legs and vent from the top of one of the legs and didn't hook anything up to the nose vent of the sack for the same reason you are worried about.
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

The test run went well today. Only leaks were slight drips at the pump inlets/outlets. Any suggestions there? There was no problem with the front vent line hose and the storage compartment lip toward full point.

Going to move the fill/drain to the bottom of the sac on the rear comparment sacs. They didn't drain all the way from the top. Also noticed on two sacs I have it where the hose comes up and down to the pump outlet. This kept water on the pump ok for priming but then I couldn't hear the change in pump pitch to tell when it was empty since the water was always on the pump. On the other sac the hose goes straight down from the pump to the sac and I could hear the change then. I may reroute the hoses to go straight down but keep the intake hose still routed to where the impellar has water on it.

Comment

Did it seem like their was a vacuum on the rear bags when draining? How much water was remaining in the bags? Would the top line just not suck down to drain all the water out? If you get a chance give me call when you get some free time. I would like to discuss it in detail. With the 1000lb sac I'm worried If I try to fill from the bottom that the weight of the water will prevent it from filling properly. Are you going to WWS event next weekend?

Comment

When it drained from the top the base of the bag would suck up on to the hose and strained the pump. This was with an inch of water left. The sac that didn't have the hose route up and down into the pump drained better, I think the height is too much for the pump. Not sure if we'll be able to make it. I'll give you a call this afternoon

Comment

On my bow sac, I vented from the top fitting on the nose, where the two legs come together, and had 0 problems. That's where the air wanted to collect as the sac started to fill because it was the highest point.

With the impeller pumps, I think filling/draining from a bottom fitting is most effective
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am filling/draining from the bottom on the bow and venting from the top of the nose. It does work great doing that.

Comment

Check out that wave boooooyyyy!! Very long wave. Also tried out my new inland surfer. Was weighted with a 400 lb sac in the rear, 300 in the bow, plus a 155lb fat brick sitting on the left bow seat. Only had three small people in the boat, maybe added another 450 lb.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Speed at around 12.6-12.8 and taps at 5-6.

Comment

Nice! What did you think of the new board?

Comment

Love it, very responsive. I can ride it much better then my tsunami.

Comment

I Just bought that same board today. I'm Getting inspired just need my ballast pumps to arrive.

Comment

Worth every penny and minute put into the ballast install. have fun!

Comment

i have a 2008 z1 and my front bag has a hole in it, what did put in the front for a bag

Comment

Working...
                              X